Something to diversify dj sets

Default Something to diversify dj sets

Hello

At the beginning I would like to say hi to everybody on this useful and interesting message board. It will be my first post but I think not last.

For time while I'm looking for some fresh gear that will add something new in my dj sets or just give me some fun with music creativity. I would like you to ask some questions about those gears. I know that they sometimes are very different in they usage but target is the same - have more fun.

1. Korg Kaoss Pad MINI plenty of useful effects, maybe even too much. I don't know if this Pad is worth it if I use Traktor Pro effects.
    2. Korg Kaossilator like tiny music instrument something new, I saw some videos on you tube and people know how to make weird and catchy sounds on it.
    3. Korg Nano Pad quite cheap and I think that is good choice to begin with beats.

Please give me your opinion about those "toys", and maybe suggest something different?

Cheers and have a good gigs!

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I know a guy that introduced a Korg Kaoss Pad to his Metal set at 2 clubs he djd at.

Hes no longer allowed to bring the damn thing into the clubs because of the amount of complaints from clubbers saying he was RUINING the music they loved and wanted to dance to.

You have to be very careful what you do to the music that the 'paying' customer wants to hear. It usually not the customer being boring , its the DJ going up his own arse thinking other people want to hear his interpretation of stuff.

If the artist wanted the chorus to be all 'flangey' he would have put a flanger on it !

Less is more.

Just a thought !

Tech Mentor

If you're only on two decks, start tackling mixing on 3-4 decks FX are GREAT, but only when used tastefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    You have to be very careful what you do to the music that the 'paying' customer wants to hear.
    This is the worst nowadays, where are the times when party people go to clubs to hear something fresh and new?! I go to club and hear the same tracks that I have on my music TV programs. I love to come to the party and hear something that I don't know new releases, new vibes. Shitty times. But anyway this is not a topic for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by miyuru View Post
    FX are GREAT, but only when used tastefully.
    Sometimes less is better I know.

But after your posts I understand that all three peaces of gear are only just for pure fun at home. Usually useless at parties when the Traktor Pro is running?

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Pete when i first started clubbing till this day i want to hear music ive never heard before and it winds my up that people can be so f*cking ignorant .
    I totally agree with you.

Some clubs are just the kind of place were people go to hear good new music, unfortunately most clubs are full of people who just want to hear the Radio Edit of the most obvious tracks.

Rock the partys and if it goes down well at the party, try it in the club.
    Good luck with what your doing mate.