Newbie Setup Suggestions
    Tech Student

Default Newbie Setup Suggestions

So I'm looking for suggestions on setups....I'm completely new and will do this for my own entertainment. I've been reading a ton just trying to figure out what the best controller for me.

Let's just say....I'm a "tenured or mature" person. The cost is really not important. Can you give me some thoughts on:

Denon MC6000
    Kontrol S4
    Kontrol S2

I will be using a MacBook Pro (2.26GHz with 4GB ram) to run the software.

If you could build the essentials what would you do?

Thanks in advance...This site is KickA$$!

The s4 is just the bigger brother of the s2, so basically I would probably want the s4 because it has more features, and the s2 might become limiting.
    The denon I have used and it is a little cramped, I didn't enjoy using it because it was too craped and just didn't work for me.
    Have u considered a more modular setup like midi fighters or x1s and a mixer? Or maybe wait for the A&H k1?

Tech Student

I haven't considered modular setups simply because I know I will travel with it...so fewer "pieces" are better for me. I prefer metal cases ones as well....I know some are plastic and likely less better construction.

Would you be afraid of buying a gently used setup? I can get a S7 setup with quite a bit...for $1100, case, cables, etc.

Tech Mentor

I have the s4 and using it with the flight case makes it for a very dependable, secure, portable, piece of gear. Also another benefit is the ability to add DVS to the s4 if you ever wanted to expand into cdjs/turntables.