Let's talk about replacing Technics RCAs, which cables to use? monoprice are no good
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default Let's talk about replacing Technics RCAs, which cables to use? monoprice are no good

I used to buy all of my cables from monoprice and while a lot of their stuff is good I am not satisfied with their premium RCA cables. They are just too stiff and the wires are too thick that it makes them difficult attach to technics and zip tie to the board and you have to abandon the plastic clamping plate which usually secures the wires to the tone arm housing (anyone who has replaced cables on 1200s knows what I'm talking about). The connectors are also too bulky like monster cables and don't fit properly on soundcards like the Audio 8 with recessed RCA jacks.

So I am looking for quality RCA cables that are relatively cheap and have flexible wire that isn't overly huge with some nice connectors. I'm probably looking for 8'-12' to chop in half and have two cables for each turntable (I have 7 total I need to do now and plan on doing more in the future so I want to stock up). I know i can't beat $4 from monoprice but under $10 would be nice for something a lot better. I also don't feel like making cables, not worth the hassle here. The key is finding cables with wires that aren't too thick so they can be clamped with the technics plate.

Im looking for the same too... I just got some 1.5 premiums from monoprice to connect my audio 4 to my mixer and agree theyre too stiff and theyre too grippy on the rca's.

I know you said you didnt want to make your own cables but Canare cable and connectors are what I think I'm going to use when I re RCA my tables.

Fullcompas.com and some company on ebay sells the Care cable with the connectors so thats an option. I think i'm going to run they're mic cable from the table out for about 3ft then splice it out to two seperate cables from there.

Tech Mentor

have you looked at belkin rca cables? i have one that has to be tightened so that it stays secure on the mixer (or what ever you connect to)
    2 Technics M5Gs - 4 Technics mk2s - Novation Dicers - Rane Sixty-two - Monster Beats By Dre. Pro - KrK Rokit 6s - Avid Mini box - Pro Tools - Pioneer DDJ SX - Novation Twitch

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Radio-Shack-...item1c21263e00

They make this in a 6ft version. It is exactly what you want. The cable is stiff but movable, and the connectors are ARTWORK; perfectly sized for my audio 4 while being of the highest quality. I think they'd make a great replacement cable....

Quote Originally Posted by bmwnutfrombirth View Post
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Radio-Shack-...item1c21263e00

They make this in a 6ft version. It is exactly what you want. The cable is stiff but movable, and the connectors are ARTWORK; perfectly sized for my audio 4 while being of the highest quality. I think they'd make a great replacement cable....
    Yeah those connectors look pretty good. My main concern is finding something that has a wire thickness that isn't too thick so it can fit in the plastic clamping place at the bottom of the tone arm, you guys know what I'm talking about right? I'm thinking the cables should most definitely not be coaxial style to fit properly.

Quote Originally Posted by jsa83 View Post
    have you looked at belkin rca cables? i have one that has to be tightened so that it stays secure on the mixer (or what ever you connect to)

Hmm, the connector look to be too bulky and chunky like the monoprice ones. See those don't work on the native instruments soundcards that have recessed jacks in the soundcard housing since it can only grip the end.

Also try Hosa rcas. I have them on one of
    My 12s and they fit the audio 4 well. Plus they arent coax style...

Hmm these look perfect and look a lot like the old style radioshack ones:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000N7HT4K/ref=sc_pgp__m_A318KZKAVS7VOQ_4?ie=UTF8&m=A318KZKAV S7VOQ&n=&s=&v=glance"]Amazon.com: RCA AG44 Deluxe Gold Plated Stereo Audio Cable (6 Feet): Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51GChZRgcXL.@@AMEPARAM@@51GChZRgcXL[/ame]

Now I just wish I could find the same ones longer than 6' so I can cut one in half and use it for two TTs.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...ource=googleps

similar cables as above but $1.98 a piece so I could just use one per table. Only difference is these don't have the red and black on the connector it looks like it is a sheath on the wire. They still look coax and thick though- I'm going to keep looking.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast