Music libary
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Music libary

Default Music library

Hey guy, Im new to DJTT and I also just recently got a traktor S2 and I love it so far. It is my first Dj controller and am just starting to learn the basics. But i do have a question about where everyone gets their music from. I have been using torrent sites but now that i have a nicer computer i dont want to run the risk of Getting a virus on my Mac so ive started using Itunes but that adds up quick. Any suggestions or just bite the bullet and pay .99 a song. Also, are there any good site for acapella song files. Any info would be great.
    Last edited by Modern Knight; 01-02-2012 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Modern Knight View Post
    Hey guy, Im new to DJTT and I also just recently got a traktor S2 and I love it so far. It is my first Dj controller and am just starting to learn the basics. But i do have a question about where everyone gets their music from. I have been using torrent sites but now that i have a nicer computer i dont want to run the risk of Getting a virus on my Mac so ive started using Itunes but that adds up quick. Any suggestions or just bite the bullet and pay .99 a song. Also, are there any good site for acapella song files. Any info would be great.
    Support the artists that make the tunes you love ... if you rip them off by torrenting their work, they won't be able to afford to support themselves when they work, so they won't create more tunes. Simple really.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Oh, and check beatport and junodownload for legit tunes ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

I have been using torrent sites but now that i have a nicer computer i dont want to run the risk of Getting a virus on my Mac so ive started using Itunes but that adds up quick. Any suggestions or just bite the bullet and pay .99 a song.
    don't expect a nice welcome from alot of other people...

i used to pay 11 bucks for import singles and 6 bucks for domestic singles...bite the bullet?...i don't even want to hear that...you can afford a nice set up...but you can't afford the music????

please..

PS: the music is the MOST important part...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    PS: the music is the MOST important part...
    +1. Something that most starting DJs forget. I never found it less than normal to pay for new, good quality mp3s but apparently I am one of the few of my generation of DJs.

So yeah, bite that bullet. Work your ass off and pay for that shit. It's also a nice way to refrain you from downloading anything that sounds decent, since a gazillion new tracks come out every single day these days.

Thanks for all the imput. I have no problem paying for music. Hope it didn't come off that way. I was more or less asking if there are any subscription sites that anyone uses to get a nice library together.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Ohms View Post
    Oh, and check beatport and junodownload for legit tunes ...
    Thanks for these, just looked through junodownload looks great.

I was more or less asking if there are any subscription sites that anyone uses to get a nice library together.
    You can always look for blogs for free bootlegs and stuff of course. I like http://www.dancingastronaut.com a lot, already provided me with some nice tracks. For the rest I mainly use Beatport.

Beatport gets most EDM shit first, Juno is good as well, sometimes a bit cheaper than BP and juno give away tracks every xmas.

If your talking about running an EDM library up quick, i dont actually know if theres any EDM pools. But there is top40remix pools,

http://mp3poolonline.com/member/viewadminaudioano
    http://exclusivegrooves.com/
    http://www.djcity.com/
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

That pop up when you open this... Oh wow... "You confirm you are a professional dj"

AHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAha
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast