Ipod Touch w/ Traktor Pro

Default Ipod Touch w/ Traktor Pro

A month ago I upgraded from Traktor 3 to Traktor Pro, and just recently I came across this problem between my Ipod Touch (16GB) and Traktor Pro. Whenever I plug my Ipod Touch into my laptop it doesn't appear in the Explorer folder in the browser of Traktor Pro. In Traktor 3, it use to work all the time, my Ipod would show up as a separate drive in the Explorer folder, and I'd be able to access my music via Ipod. Normally I don't access my music through my Ipod, my Ipod is just a back-up just incase my external firewire HDD (which is my main source of music) crashes. Anyone have any clues to why this is happening?

TY

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Your iPod now shows in the iTunes Browser Tree.
    Page 79 of the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Your iPod now shows in the iTunes Browser Tree.
    Page 79 of the manual.
    Thank you but my ipod Touch (2nd Gen) still doesn't appear under the iTunes Browser Tree. I tested my friend's iPod nano and it worked--Like you said it appeared under the iTunes Browser Tree, but for some reason the iPod Touch doesn't.

A few days ago I also tried my friend's iPhone, and that didn't work also.
    I'm guessing its something in iPod touches & iPhones that prevents them from working with Traktor. Can someone try this out? Hopefully its my problem not Traktor's.

THANK YOU

Oh yeah its my 1 year anniversary as a member of DJTT

I tried this with my iPod and my iPhone and the iPod shows as expected but the iPhone doesnt show at all so im guessing that iPhone and iPod Touch arent compatible but ill try get some more info on this.

Probably best suited for the Traktor Forums over at NI. See if they can fit that into an update.
    Tre Tuna
    DJ and Recording and Mixing engineer for live and studio sound
    Traktor Pro 2.7.1 | MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4gigs ram
    Stanton STR8-150s | Ortofon Q-Bert Carts
    NI Z2, F1, Machine MK I, RigKontrol 3 | Dicers | PadKontrol

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    I tried this with my iPod and my iPhone and the iPod shows as expected but the iPhone doesnt show at all so im guessing that iPhone and iPod Touch arent compatible but ill try get some more info on this.
    Thank You

Any idea of NI implementing iPhone & iPod Touch Support for Traktor Pro in future updates?

Ipod touch/Iphones have an encrypted file system so im 'guesing' that NI cant legally bypass it . Thats just my hunch.
    Will try again to get some info.

You can get programs that enable you to bypass the encryption apparently but i havent tried them.

Have a look around the web.

iPhone/iPod Touch are not see as iPods. The iPhone is a cellphone with iPod capabilities. And the iPod touch is a iPhone w/o the cell phone chip.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |