Show your light setup
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Show your light setup

Hello everyone,
    I am looking to buy some lights for some gigs, and I was just wondering if you. Could post a picture of your light setup so I could get some ideas thnx
    Numark mixtrack - Numark DJ IO Sound card - Akai lpd8 - Traktor pro 2 - Senheiser HD205

So. This is my full setup, except instead of the bar, I usually have two cans.
    So we have:
    Claw (tri) light, bar (or cans) but the bar is AMAZING! , a red green laser in the one unit. And a strobe on the left on the table.

I also have my two pa speakers, sub underneath the table, and grooupies
    Oh and me :P

Edit: HOW COULD I FORGET MY SMOKE MACHINE!?! . That also.
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcxNIfVIUdU
    takes me a while to set it up

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by sparkbro View Post

So we have:
    Claw (tri) light, bar (or cans) but the bar is AMAZING! , a red green laser in the one unit. And a strobe on the left on the table.

Thanks heaps bro, u helped me out with the speakers in my other thread and now u helped me with lights, u really are a great person for helping me
    Numark mixtrack - Numark DJ IO Sound card - Akai lpd8 - Traktor pro 2 - Senheiser HD205

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by seitz View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcxNIfVIUdU
    takes me a while to set it up
    I bet that does take a while to setup

Im at work and cant post new pics, but here is a link to my old setup but my lights are the same

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41429

Chauvet Facade
    LEDShadow under the controller
    Scorpion Storm Fx
    with Obey 70

nothing special, but its fun

I don't have pictures, but I'll try and get some on NYE. I'm Running a pair of American DJ megabar 50's and a pair of Chauvet Q-Spot 260's. It's minimal, but looks very classy, as it's simple... though I could always use a couple more intelligent lights. That being said...

KEEP IT SIMPLE!
    Granted, if your budget doesn't allow, do what you can, but tons of guys make the mistake of getting a bunch of budget lighting. For a little more than you spend on 6 cheap lights, you can get a couple of really good intelligent lighting fixtures (scanners or moving heads). 2 of those and a few wash lights are always going to look better than a truss full of effect lights. A properly DMX programmed show looks classy and tasteful, while effect lighting generally looks like someone vomited a truck full of skittles all over the dance floor in the form of light.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by sparkbro View Post

So we have:

Dude how come those girls look 13
    15 inch macbook pro - Traktor Kontrol S2 - Stanton T-60's - Traktor Audio 10
    I'm Dj Kave Check me out : )
    Soundcloud: www.soundcloud.com/djkave
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/djkavex Fan Page : )

I have one strobe that I take to most of my parties. The special thing about it is that I've modifed it to accept the fader-start action from the mixer xfader.
    Then I cut-trigger strobe in a different rythm.
    Many photons have died to bring you this information.

Quote Originally Posted by ToS View Post
    I have one strobe that I take to most of my parties. The special thing about it is that I've modifed it to accept the fader-start action from the mixer xfader.
    Then I cut-trigger strobe in a different rythm.
    HOW!?! Would be very interested in a build log or instructions for something like that. I need a controller of mine, but I'm too stingy to buy one.

@kave, it was an 18th birthday party, but I think the girls on the right are just short :P
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast