WTF Did That JUST happen?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default WTF Did That JUST happen?

Okay So for new years i agreed to spin at my buddies house party. So i spent a day cobbling up my collection of Club music, the cheesy stuff that the girls like cuz i figure...hell if i keep them happy then the guys will start dancing in hopes to get laid...you know the usual routine.

The night was going pretty decent...then in the night i got some of the STRANGEST request i have ever heard.

Rammstein, Du Hast
    Landslide by stevie nicks

I honestly did not know what to say....

What are some of the strangest requests u guys have heard.
    Kontrol S4-Novation Launch Pad-MF Pro BM-Traktor Pro 2-KRKRP8/KRK10-Windows 7 64 Bit-Toshiba A660

I dont care if you use 2 ipads...2 cassette tapes...or a washboard and a wooden spoon...if you rock it, you rock it.

Tech Mentor

Du Hast by Rammstein is a quality tune!

Not, perhaps, for the event you were doing, but a quality tune nonetheless.

Tech Mentor

Vic - Wobble ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE_64SdD27w

the crowd that night was "dark". luckily the place where i was dj'ing at had wi-fi so i downloaded it from itunes. i don't mind downloading music on the fly as long as it gets people dancing. .. 2 weeks later i did another party and some one asked for that same song... i guess i didn't waste $.99
    2 Technics M5Gs - 4 Technics mk2s - Novation Dicers - Rane Sixty-two - Monster Beats By Dre. Pro - KrK Rokit 6s - Avid Mini box - Pro Tools - Pioneer DDJ SX - Novation Twitch

Flogging Molly...and no song in particular.

About a year ago I was Djing at a huge house party way out in the cuts (dirt parking lot, entry fee, wristbands, etc.). It reminded me of a renegade rave combined with a club. But anyhow, this same drunk guy kept asking me to play anything from Flogging Molly. I only had the CDs I brought with me, i.e. no Flogging Molly, and I told him that...repeatedly.
    He asked if he could hook his iPod up and play it, but I had no cord and wouldn't have let him if I did.

He kept asking about every 15 minutes for an hour or two and then finally disappeared. Only to reappear later in the night, with his newly burned CD...that he made just for me. I told him I'd play whatever he put on there and that was the end of it. Never played any of it though; didn't feel appropriate to play Flogging Molly in between hip hop or electro house and kill a dance floor.

So far

Men at work - land down under....I kept telling the guy no one wanted to hear that...when I was finished...he came up to me and said i was dead to him
    MPB - TP - TS Pro 2 - Audio 6 - Technics 1200mk2 - Xone 22 - xone53 - Kontrol X1 - Axiom 49 - M-audio C400

Tech Mentor

or i hate when people come up to me and ask "can you play that song again"
    2 Technics M5Gs - 4 Technics mk2s - Novation Dicers - Rane Sixty-two - Monster Beats By Dre. Pro - KrK Rokit 6s - Avid Mini box - Pro Tools - Pioneer DDJ SX - Novation Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Towner View Post
    So far

Men at work - land down under....I kept telling the guy no one wanted to hear that...when I was finished...he came up to me and said i was dead to him
    You shoulda dropped Oingo Boingo's Dead Man's party after he said that.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by Capitan View Post
    Du Hast by Rammstein is a quality tune!

Not, perhaps, for the event you were doing, but a quality tune nonetheless.
    The Bombs-Away Remix isn't too bad for those type of gigs, when I'm feeling adventurous I sometimes play it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRL05YAZvMc
    DJ: Traktor Kontrol S4, Audio-Technica ATH-M50
    Production: LPD 8, Keystation 49, Fast-Track Pro, Equator D5 monitors

For me, it was to play Skrillex at a Wedding... The person who requested it was the bride's nephew... the Bride and groom were about 40 years old... so imagine how that would've gone down! lol
    Like my page: [/B]www.facebook.com/djtruewind !

Quote Originally Posted by truewind View Post
    For me, it was to play Skrillex at a Wedding... The person who requested it was the bride's nephew... the Bride and groom were about 40 years old... so imagine how that would've gone down! lol
    HAHAHA That's amazing! I'm doing a sweet 16 this weekend and the girl asked me to play "Top 40, hiphop, spanish music, and skrillex. No dubstep except for Skrillex" When I got her email I couldn't help but laugh.
    DJ: Traktor Kontrol S4, Audio-Technica ATH-M50
    Production: LPD 8, Keystation 49, Fast-Track Pro, Equator D5 monitors

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast