WTF Did That JUST happen? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

On NYE right in the middle of my progressive psytrance set, some random sexy blonde asked me to play "something by rihanna" and battered her eyelids at me. Told her to get the F$#@ away from me and continued to rock the shit out of the bar
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    On NYE right in the middle of my progressive psytrance set, some random sexy blonde asked me to play "something by rihanna" and battered her eyelids at me. Told her to get the F$#@ away from me and continued to rock the shit out of the bar
    you have more integrity as an artist than I do. I'm pretty sure it's one of the reasons I started playing everything my rihanna haha.

I've never had any really weird requests, but I did have a girl ask for Gaga, which I played since it was a slow night at the bar, and then she proceeded to dance like Elaine from Seinfeld. Pretty funny shit.
    Last edited by Frank112916; 01-03-2012 at 04:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gapout View Post
    then in the night i got some of the STRANGEST request i have ever heard.

Rammstein, Du Hast

I honestly did not know what to say....
    should have played it, people jump up and down on that one. Part of the Matrix soundtrack fyi, mixes well with the prodigy and Proppellerheads.

Paradise by the Dashboard Light in the middle of a house set. Yeaaaaaaaaaahno

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by elio_xh View Post
    HAHAHA That's amazing! I'm doing a sweet 16 this weekend and the girl asked me to play "Top 40, hiphop, spanish music, and skrillex. No dubstep except for Skrillex" When I got her email I couldn't help but laugh.
    Ahahahah that's quite a mixture of genres
    Numark mixtrack - Numark DJ IO Sound card - Akai lpd8 - Traktor pro 2 - Senheiser HD205

I think this will be the most epic problem for DJ's, ever, EVER.

There will be always at least one person in crowd who will come and ask something, ALWAYS, and even if you will be in separate booth, they will find the way to make a request, becouse they think that we are like a jukebox.

Only problem is, jukebox alteast gets something for that

And if you will not make the request 80% your dead
    SoundCloud
    Mixcloud
    Progression on TFB-Radio
    Pioneer CDJ-100, Pioneer DJM-250, Technics RP-DH1200

I had a small group of south american girls in the bar once [not too common in central london] who kept asking for latino music or reggaeton. I kept telling them that I didn't have any of that kind of stuff, but I'd try and find something...

So I found one reggaeton tune in my itunes that was fairly suitable and dropped it.
    Everyone in the bar was jumping up and down to it, except the girls who requested it.

The people that ask for the tunes NEVER dance to them when you actually play them.
    Mixes: www.mixcloud.com/djalexwild/
    Production: www.soundcloud.com/alexwild
    DJM500 : X1 : MBP 15" 2.53 GHz 4 GB RAM : HD25SP : MASCHINE

Tech Mentor

In another thread I said a gay audience was a demanding audience......... pales into insignificance compared to a hen night (bachelorette party)

"have you got Mandy by Barry Manilow" I got dogs abuse for not having it, same with Queen We will rock you. Trying to explain I was a house music dj got me nowhere

The worst bit of that night was being asked for Dolly Parton 9 to 5 (the worst bit being I actually found it and played it) They loved it and went on to ask for Sneaky Sound System.

Go figure that one out.

Got asked for faithless insomnia and tiesto traffic during a deep techy house set
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

One night when me and my buddy were doing a "live-set". (meaning we are booked as AUDIOSTALKERS playing or OWN tracks... ON STAGE..)

This girl gets UP on stage, walks UP to us taps my buddy on the shoulder, saying
    -"what music is this?!"
    -"well, uhm its our music" he responds
    -"its not that good, could you please play something else?" she says and turns away and walks down...
    | BRINX | DJ IN AUDIOSTALKERS |
    | Beatport | Facebook |

| Macbook Pro | Traktor Scratch 2 | Ableton Live suite 8 |
    | NUO 2.0 | SL1210 | Kaoss Pad 3 | MIDIFIGHTER | MPK 25 | Audio8DJ |

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast