WTF Did That JUST happen? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    http://soundcloud.com/thom-b/
    2011-04-14-the-corners-of-my

KONTROL S8, 2x KONTROL D2, XONE DB4, traktor audio 10, kontrol x1, pioneer hdj 2000, software traktor scratch pro 2 & ableton suite 9

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Papa Roach - Last Resort at a house & tech house night.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by truewind View Post
    For me, it was to play Skrillex at a Wedding... The person who requested it was the bride's nephew... the Bride and groom were about 40 years old... so imagine how that would've gone down! lol
    Some of skrillex's stuff is wedding friendly...well his remixes are...Bruno Mars remix and Lady Gaga remix...or the Snoop dogg remix
    Kontrol S4-Novation Launch Pad-MF Pro BM-Traktor Pro 2-KRKRP8/KRK10-Windows 7 64 Bit-Toshiba A660

I dont care if you use 2 ipads...2 cassette tapes...or a washboard and a wooden spoon...if you rock it, you rock it.

the Bride and groom were about 40 years old... so imagine how that would've gone down!
    Probably fine. Lose your age qualms - loads of people like loads of music.

When I had my residency, there used to be this one girl who would ask for the same Lily Allen song every week. For about a year. And once threatened to get me stabbed because I didn't play it!
    TSP 2.6.1 | 2 x CDJ 2000 Nexus | 2 x Technics 1210 MK5 | Denon DNX-1600 | Behringer DDM4000 w/Infinium X1 | MBP | A&H Xone K2 | Akai APC 40 & MPK 25 | Novation Launchpad | Pioneer HDJ 2000 & 500 | Audio 8 DJ | Ableton Live 9

http://www.mixcloud.com/lineypirate/http://www.soundcloud.com/lineypirate/

Quote Originally Posted by jsa83 View Post
    Vic - Wobble ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE_64SdD27w

the crowd that night was "dark". luckily the place where i was dj'ing at had wi-fi so i downloaded it from itunes. i don't mind downloading music on the fly as long as it gets people dancing. .. 2 weeks later i did another party and some one asked for that same song... i guess i didn't waste $.99
    Wobble and Teach Me How to Dougie is not considered strange at the club I DJ at. And no its not a hip hop club. I hate the F'in song, but playing it keeps people happy and drinking.
    Last edited by DJ ATX; 01-03-2012 at 01:27 PM.
    1 Denon DNX1600, 2 Technics SL1200MKII, 1 Pioneer DDJ SX, 1 Reloop Terminal Mix2, 1 MBP running VDJ/Traktor/Serato SL/DJ
    Soundcloud
    Vimeo
    Facebook

Tech Mentor

Oh one thing i that learned at this house party. Since I really hate that top 40 club music...i got togeather some remixes of club songs by DJs i like and decide to use those, instead of the originals. NO ONE in the entire house party knew the difference, i just got girls coming up to me and saying THANK YOU FOR PLAYING MY SONG......in reality...it was just the chorus of the song and a totally new beat.

I really do give too much credit to the crowd thinking that they are actually listening to the music...

This leads me to beleive...if i have samples of voices saying "Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle" or I got moves like Jagger and throw them into whatever song im playing...they will dance..
    Kontrol S4-Novation Launch Pad-MF Pro BM-Traktor Pro 2-KRKRP8/KRK10-Windows 7 64 Bit-Toshiba A660

I dont care if you use 2 ipads...2 cassette tapes...or a washboard and a wooden spoon...if you rock it, you rock it.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Brinx View Post
    One night when me and my buddy were doing a "live-set". (meaning we are booked as AUDIOSTALKERS playing or OWN tracks... ON STAGE..)

This girl gets UP on stage, walks UP to us taps my buddy on the shoulder, saying
    -"what music is this?!"
    -"well, uhm its our music" he responds
    -"its not that good, could you please play something else?" she says and turns away and walks down...
    I hear that some chick with sand in her fanny comes up saying to play the cheese fest music played earlier (to which now is dnb) as "know one is dancing" look up yeah dance floor bouncing smiles all-round...some folks

someone asking me to play Depeche Mode, while I was playing But Not Tonight by DM. Go Figure
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Got a request to play "I'm On A Boat" last summer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyYyoSswgC0
    ...while this was playing.

Normally I have a pretty polite, roundabout way of denying requests but I was so caught off guard that my confused response was something along the lines of "What? No. I mean... No."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast