WTF Did That JUST happen? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    someone asking me to play Depeche Mode, while I was playing But Not Tonight by DM. Go Figure
    Similar to mine - I had just played Soft Cell's cover of Tainted Love, Sunglasses at Night and Blue Monday. While Blue Monday was still playing, dim-30-something asks "Can you play something from the 80's?"

srs. WTF?
    2 x Technics 1200 mk5 | 2 x Pioneer CDJ-1000 mk3 | A&H Xone:62 | KRK RP5-G2 | 15" MBP | TSP | Audio8DJ | Kontrol X1 | Korg KP-3 | Korg NanoKontrol
    Beached As Breaks, Mondays 7am - 9am UK Time on NSB Radio | Podcast | Archives | Facecrack

I know this thread's been kinda dead but I just had to post this because I almost died laughing. I just came back from a sweet 16, and the girl asked me to play top40, reggae, and skrillex. All went well, except for at one point a girl came up to me and threatened to sue me because my music wasn't vulgar and she wanted more swearing in the songs. All I could do was laugh
    DJ: Traktor Kontrol S4, Audio-Technica ATH-M50
    Production: LPD 8, Keystation 49, Fast-Track Pro, Equator D5 monitors

Hilarious i actually have Land down under from men at work LOLOL Didnt play it thought

No matter how many times somebody asks. I will never drop Gangnam Style.. NEVER!
    http://soundcloud.com/squirec Mixes mainly containing funky/disco/chicago/swing house. Although, there's always room for a little something different.
    Equipment: 15" Macbook Pro (Mid 2012), Traktor Pro 2, Traktor Kontrol X1, Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk2 x 2, Pioneer DJM 700, Sennheiser HD25 Mk2 headphones.

Shit...I agreed to do a private party over the weekend, for a 40 year old womans birthday.

I am friends with her younger sister etc.

It was supposed to be 80's.

But I was CONSTANTLY asked to play Dance music....then more 80's....then Lenny Cravits...then Rammstein...then She Wolf....

As soon as i put someones request on, someone else came and bitched.

I nicely told them to fuck off away from the DJ booth and enjoy their drinks.....LET THE BIRTHDAY GIRL DECIDE!

LOL

But the kicker was when this guy asked me to back him up.....to play Frank Sinatra....

yeah....so I let him go Accapella and then dropped Nickleback.

I feel so fucking DIRTY right now....
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Go hit the showers, dammit!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

I will slap you if you ask for , gnam style!!

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    Go hit the showers, dammit!
    Was gonna keep it to myself....but it was tearing me up inside man.

Problem shared...is a problem halved!

LOL

But yes....it was the first and last time...I will EVER play Nickleback.....
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

i was hanging in the DJ booth at a local club once and witnessed this request while hop-hop and R&B was being played:

i just lost it

Quote Originally Posted by Towner View Post
    So far

Men at work - land down under....I kept telling the guy no one wanted to hear that...when I was finished...he came up to me and said i was dead to him
    My guess is that he was a drunk aussie.
    13" MB OSX 10.6.1, 15.4" Retina MBPRO - TP2 , VCI 100 SE, NI AUDIO 4, 2 * CDJ 900, CDJ 850, CDJ 1000 MK3, HDJ 2000, HD25 addidas special, TMA-1, MACHINE,DJM 800, MF, X1, XONE DB4,NEAR 05 ESI STUDIO MONITORS, KRK VXT4*2, ROKIT 6*2, CRANE laptop stand, K2 A&H.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast