WTF Did That JUST happen? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

on a typical club night at a club playing top40 mixed with some house a young guy came up to me asking for a norwegan band called Gluntan

THis most be the most crazy request to ever get asked
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Had a moment a few weeks ago at a commercial-ish night at a local bar, just after the first drop in Skrillex's 'Cinema' remix had some girl come up and ask "Can you play some Skrillex?!". Yep.

Same night, once I'd moved up to DnB, had some middle aged lady who was clearly rolling come up asking "Can you play something with a bit more energy?!". She was having it large, was tempted to break out the speedcore just for her.

Playing some hip-hop, funk and breaks in a club at about 3.30am and some fella walks up and says, "I'll give you 100 bucks to play The Message by Grandmaster Flash." I would have played it for free, as it fit the night perfectly, but this guy clearly had more cash than he needed.

Back then I used to play back to back with my partner and the $100 guy came up when I was back in the office and asked for his money back. He got told to piss off.

I'm not sure we always treated our punters as we should.
    Last edited by UncleFunky; 10-30-2012 at 06:48 AM.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by Lineypirate View Post
    When I had my residency, there used to be this one girl who would ask for the same Lily Allen song every week. For about a year. And once threatened to get me stabbed because I didn't play it!
    Sounds like Lily allen alright

Playing your bog standard top40/house , then someone asks for ABBA. My response to any old song requests is, im 19 years old playing house do you honestly expect me to have an ABBA album,

Also being asked for a song while the song they requested is playing. has happened too many times.

Tech Guru

I've gotten the request for an artist while it is playing over the PA...Played a lesser known SHM song that I thought was good and got a request for SHM song while it was playing. Ironically the guy making the request was doing windmills on stage.

I usually start off open format nights with top40 or top40 remixes and ppl make request...don't mind at that point in the night. Always funny when you have the persons request cued up and about to mix it in and someone is trying to yell at you while you are cueing, then they hear the song come in and go crazy and walk away.

I love it when I get out the blue requests (especially if you can accomadate them and still keep the party going)

such as a few weeks back I was playing a hard indsutrial/goth/alt night and a guy came up and asked for Beyonce

I played this straight after and not only did he love it but so did the crowd

I used to play a fetish night in my home town and that was so much fun as I'd got it to there point where I was not only playing extreme things, I could make extreme jumps too - I could go from Rammstein to Kylie and still keep the dance floor going
    CDJ 2000s : DJM 900: Reloop RP-7000s : Mixvibes Cross 3+ : HPCompaq : iMac: Maschine 2 : Traktor Pro2 : XDJ-AERO : RMX1000
    facebook.com/djanedalton / and my DJ alter-ego, The Imperatrixx

Quote Originally Posted by Vermilion View Post
    Had a moment a few weeks ago at a commercial-ish night at a local bar, just after the first drop in Skrillex's 'Cinema' remix had some girl come up and ask "Can you play some Skrillex?!". Yep.

Same night, once I'd moved up to DnB, had some middle aged lady who was clearly rolling come up asking "Can you play something with a bit more energy?!". She was having it large, was tempted to break out the speedcore just for her.
    That whole requesting a band/artist while already playing them happens way too often

Middle aged lady + Speedcore woulda been immense
    CDJ 2000s : DJM 900: Reloop RP-7000s : Mixvibes Cross 3+ : HPCompaq : iMac: Maschine 2 : Traktor Pro2 : XDJ-AERO : RMX1000
    facebook.com/djanedalton / and my DJ alter-ego, The Imperatrixx

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    Was gonna keep it to myself....but it was tearing me up inside man.

Problem shared...is a problem halved!

LOL

But yes....it was the first and last time...I will EVER play Nickleback.....
    Ah noez Nickle :barf: !
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345