Back to back DJ set Help!
    Tech Mentor

Default Back to back DJ set Help!

Me and my buddy were wondering if somehow we could do a back to back DJ setup. My friend has a numark mixtrack pro, I have a numark mixtrack with DJ io soundcard is there somehow we could both plug our mixtracks in to one computer for example have one of the mixtracks for deck A and B and the other mixtrack to control deck C and D. I have traktor pro I was just wondering of you could plug in two mixtracks into one laptop, any help would be appriciated
    Numark mixtrack - Numark DJ IO Sound card - Akai lpd8 - Traktor pro 2 - Senheiser HD205

You should try it and find out, but yes you should be able to. You would just need to map the controls as you described.

I don't think that is possible... Mapping wise, it would be a pain in the ass (Unless you can reassign the midinotes via software in the mixtrack, but i dont think you can.)

But! You could just have two laptops running, and connect them both into a small format mixer (behringer xenyx 502 or 802 or similar- there pretty cheap) and then just connect that to your speakers. At least, that would be the easiest way i can think of.

But doing continuous live mashups, keeping everything synced up, constantly beat-matching to each other.. I think that would be more effort than its worth.

Sometimes you see sets like "DJ A vs DJ B", and from what ive seen, in most of these sets, the djs just swap a couple of times during the sets, so maybe thats your best option? Or you could do the SHM way, and one of you mix, and the other just dances around :P

But sometimes, one of my friends plays on my nanopad, or on one of his controllers, which has been mapped to do advanced fx which i have found, can work really well if you feel like doing an FX intensive set, or just really cut it up.

But as i said, i think its hard if not impossible (From my experience and reading) to connect two of the same controllers into a laptop to do different things (Except the x1)
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

Quote Originally Posted by sparkbro View Post
    But as i said, i think its hard if not impossible (From my experience and reading) to connect two of the same controllers into a laptop to do different things (Except the x1)
    Um I've connected two of the same controller and had it works fine (how do you think people with two single deck controllers do it?). They appear as two different controllers in the traktor mapping screen. You just have to make sure your in's and out's ports are set properly on each of your mapping. No need to change the midi note value or anything like that.