Remix Feedback Request

Default Remix Feedback Request

Heyo, I've been toying around with ableton and I posted a rough cut of a remix I did. I was wondering if anyone had the time if I could get some feedback on this track. The drums are kinda "meh" but anykind of input would be appreciated. This is also my first pass at elektro as I'm primarily a DnB dj. There's also some clips from practice sessions. thnx in advance

-Damien1138

myspace.com/damien1138

PS. feel free to add me if you'd like.

Tech Guru

The effects (ie beatrepeat) on the track sounds rad, but The drums/snare is totally off man. It doesn't blend with the track at all (could also be that myspace sucs). To solve this I would try using diff samples (layering them) and using then use a send to put them all through a compressor and mess with the settings until you feel it melds.
    Also using a saturater could help with the kicks and put some pan on the highhats as they sound nearly mono atm. (one again both those issues could be myspace related).

I can give you a few awesome links for production, and can probably host my electro sample library (or just make a small set for you of what I think is best from it).

Also If you wanna send me you ableton files / samples I could play with it a bit and send it back which might help you out a little. Im not awesome but I always find it helpful seeing how other people do stuff :]

The prac session clips are pretty sic :]

Thanx for the input man. I've been trying out a few different loops, but nothing I'm really keen on. I'm starting to think I should probably just write one, but I can't find a kik sample I like. Arrrgh! One kik is all i ask...Just one kik.

I'd send you my ableton file, but nothing is automated so I don't know how much help that will be...
    Last edited by Damien1138; 06-15-2008 at 02:29 AM.