Digital DJing Setup Question (Soundcard & MIDI Fighter)
    Tech Convert

Default Digital DJing Setup Question (Soundcard & MIDI Fighter)

Hi guys, I'm new to these forums and will soon begin mixing digitally with Traktor. I recently bought a Behringer DDM4000 which is MIDI compatible and I will soon be purchasing a MIDI Fighter. I also have an M-Audio Fast Track USB Audio Interface which I presume will work as the soundcard.

My first question is, after I connect the DDM4000 to my PC (via MIDI to USB cable) how do I connect the DDM4000 to the M-Audio soundcard?

My second question is, should my powered speakers also be connected to the soundcard?

Another problem I am facing is I'm not too sure where the MIDI fighter comes in in relation to the other components and what exactly do I connect it to? Sorry, I'm completely new to all of this and am incredibly confused.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. I just want to make sure I've got everything right before I go and buy all these connections (and controller) or find out that I'm missing components afterwards.

Tech Mentor

There already is a TON of info posted on this...but as the search feature is kinda uselesss ill post a quick how to.

First off the DDM4000 you will want to use in external mixing mode.

Connect the soundcard, midi fighter both to your laptop.

Now the soundcard outs you will want to connect to your DDM4000. Channel A to channel A...so on and so forth.

So with this setup you will be using your midi fighter to control decks A-D...and effects and all your eqing you will be doing through your DDM4000.

This is the least painful way to have your setup.

You can use the DDM4000 in midi mode but requires a lot of mapping and since u are beginner i suggest sticking with external Mixing mode.

Now your powered speakers you will be connecting to the DDM4000 if you have it in external Mixing mode.

If you decide to use the DDM4000 in midi mode then you would plug your Powered speakers to the outs of the Soundcard.
    Kontrol S4-Novation Launch Pad-MF Pro BM-Traktor Pro 2-KRKRP8/KRK10-Windows 7 64 Bit-Toshiba A660

I dont care if you use 2 ipads...2 cassette tapes...or a washboard and a wooden spoon...if you rock it, you rock it.

Tech Convert

Thanks a heap for your reply. I didn't realize that I could use the DDM4000 in external mixer mode, that sounds much easier, thank you.

I'm still a little unsure about something though.. The sound card I have, the M-Audio Fast Track USB, has a single pair of RCA outputs, I'm guessing this is what I connect to the channel inputs in the mixer, but obviously I can only connect them to one channel, so how would I eq Decks A-D individally?

Or would you suggest a soundcard more suited to my needs?

Tech Mentor

Sorry i didnt realize the USB card you are using...

look at this thread for more info

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...ad.php?t=94153
    Kontrol S4-Novation Launch Pad-MF Pro BM-Traktor Pro 2-KRKRP8/KRK10-Windows 7 64 Bit-Toshiba A660

I dont care if you use 2 ipads...2 cassette tapes...or a washboard and a wooden spoon...if you rock it, you rock it.

Tech Convert

Thanks!

Hope to get this all set up soon.