Numark X6 vs Pioneer DJM 250
    Tech Student

Default Numark X6 vs Pioneer DJM 250

This is going to be my first big purchase for equipment and I've narrowed it down to the Numark X6 and the Pioneer DJM 250.

Pioneer DJM 250 is $340
    Numark X6 is $127

Can anyone help me decide on the two? Any feedback would be a tremendous help.

Look around for the DJM, that seems a little high. Also peep the Allen and Heath Xone:22.
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

Tech Mentor

If you're using a DVS like traktor or serato get the DJM-250. It's got those nice stand alone filters, get an X1 and let the DVS handle the effects.

That pioneer mixer is not worth that price.

If you can get a vmc-002xl, I'd go for that over anything else in the price range. You'll want to upgrade long before you need to…unless you're scratching, at which point all of the mixers listed in this thread kind of suck.

big purchase ? lolol
    CDJ 2000s + DJM 2000

Check out my Mixes : Soundcloud

yeah not all of us have thousands to spend on gear

the xone 22 is a good suggestion. i like the simple dedicated filters on the djm 250 but as you progress, you'd probably get bored of them. i don't know how they sound either - most have a strong preference for a certain type of filter.

the denon x120 is worth a look - i had one of those and it did the job - better than other numarks i've had

Tech Student

Thanks for your input Lucas, you must be a pretty lucky guy. I appreciate all the feedback fellas. I decided to get the X6 because it was only $90 new. I'm not stacking the cheese like Lucas so I'm buying everything piece by piece. So far I have the X6 and two Stanton T.62's, after I get everything I plan on purchasing the 250. Currently I just have to try and decide on Traktor or Serato. Thanks again for all the help, I really appreciate it.