computer speakers to mixers?
    Tech Mentor

Default computer speakers to mixers?

i have the pioneer djm-350 and i want to hook my computer speakers to my mixers. any ideas?

my computer speaker has a AUX hole and i remember when i plug my ipod to the AUX hole then it would sound loud just running of an ipod!!! now my mixer has a red and white RCA AUX, it doesnt specify out or in so im getting its out? and wondering if i do AUX RCA from mixer into comp speaker AUX 3mm jack size hole or w/e. any ideas?

or maybe master out-rca to speaker aux hole or something.

cant afford speakers right now

currently im mixing with my headphones, left channel on left speaker, right ch on right side of headphone. just started, definitely will take time for me to get use to this lol but i want to use the comp speakers

ty

or maybe master out-rca to speaker aux hole or something.
    you want to do this, or just the normal speaker input to master out

I use computer speakers hooked up to my mixer for my sound, and it works fine. I don't like using that setup for production work (as the sound isn't super precise) but for just mixing, it's perfect. Actually, I've had a lot of people when they come over be surprised that I'm using the same setup that I've had for years.

All you basically need is an RCA to headphone jack cable. Plug the RCA into the output on your mixer, and then the jack into the aux in (or into the sub depending on what you have for computer speakers) and then it's done.

I think people put too much emphasis on big sound at home sometimes. Computer speakers are really quite simple, cheap, and effective. I'd love to have some amazing stuff. But until that point, I'm really quite happy using the logitech 5.1 surround system I bought in 2004 lol.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    you want to do this, or just the normal speaker input to master out
    aux out(mixer) to aux in(comp speakers)

Quote Originally Posted by cutflow View Post
    aux out(mixer) to aux in(comp speakers)
    there probably isn't an output labeled aux.

the outputs would be record, booth, and master. you want master out of the mixer to any input on the speakers.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    there probably isn't an output labeled aux.

the outputs would be record, booth, and master. you want master out of the mixer to any input on the speakers.
    what is this AUX on the djm350 for?

========
    edit, the aux on the 350 is to bring in audio. so master out to 3.5mm (aux hole on comp speaker) should work?