Adding another Yorkville LS720p (elite) to my setup?
    Tech Convert

Default Adding another Yorkville LS720p (elite) to my setup?

Hey guys, fairly new to this forum (been active on another forum previously)
    and I had a question. I'm running two RCF 312A's and one Yorkville LS720P (elite). My system sounds good at about half volume , then as I crank it up the bass starts to lack. I have about $1,000 to spend on an upgrade and I was wondering if adding another subwoofer (same one) would make a difference?

Does the sub ever cut out or clip if you drive it too hard? Maybe your just not turning it up enough?
    And i would also check the phase if possible.

From a quick look, it seems you have a similar setup to what i do, and i have absolutely no issues of a lack of bass, unless i'm setup outside, in which case it just depends on the placement of my sub.
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

Tech Convert

If I have my RCF's at nearly full gain , I notice bass is lacking. ( This happened at a very large hall ). Where my sub was at Full output, just before limiting. But no, it never clips / cuts out, just limits off.

Tech Guru

It will def. make a difference getting a second one. Enough of a difference to sound good to you...I dunno. You probably already know, but I'll say it anyways, doubling the amount of speakers doesnt mean doubling the amount of sound . That's a real nice set-up though. I personally would hate to have to drag another one of those yorkville's around.

Tech Convert

Yeah I understand 2 speakers doesn't double sound, but yeah I agree lugging another one around would suck, but I don't mind as long as it's worth it.

I don't know how this would be answered but how much of an increase in bass response would I get?

Thanks!

It doesnt double the sound, but it means you have to turn it up less to get the same amount.
    Imo, it depends what kind of venues your going to be playing in mostly..

If its going to be big halls like that regularly and you have no issue spending the extra cash and dont mind lugging it around, Then get it. It will make a huge difference.

But if you are just going to be playing house parties or similar, generally in small rooms or garages etc, its probably not worth it. And you can hire an extra sub if you are playing in large venues
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

Tech Convert

Ah, I see. Thanks, I'm thinking about going for it and just purchasing it, it should pay itself off quickly, as I plan to be in large venue's / halls frequently.