fustration - beatmatching w/ TT's
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default fustration - beatmatching w/ TT's

i just opened my first pair of TTs this morning hooked everything up, and got two tracks repeating . and im just having trouble beatmatching, saw like 2 youtube videos.

im using tt's only, no technology and 2 vinyls.

i try slowing down ch2 , while ch1 is on regular speed, but then when i speed ch2 up, its like i cant seem to notice its speeding up, WTF man.
    --------------------------------
    oh and i want to add that i have some vinyls that are 5-7min long so by the time i had the 5min one beatmatched that track finished WTF

i donnt want to use cdjs or laptops, i want to do it the oldfashion way but man this shit is work..........HELP

i do house music and techno.
    --------------------------------
    poor vinyls going to wear out by the time i learn this shit ROFL. so fustrated bro
    Last edited by cutflow; 01-04-2012 at 02:51 PM.

watch more videos and practice.. just needs time to train your ears..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

do you use the pitch faders or your hands on the vinyl ?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MyUsername View Post
    do you use the pitch faders or your hands on the vinyl ?
    i tried everything man. starting with the pitch fader all the way up where it makes the track go slow then bringing it to the middle to regular

i also try like scratching trying to meet that one bar 4/4 thing but that didnt work so well.

I just try to to start it one the one as good as I can and then manipulte the vinyl in the center with my fingers. I almost never touch the pitch fader since I only have dubstep records at the moment.

What I would do is find 2 good songs for beatmatching and keep at it.

Tech Mentor

should i go for matching bass/kick, as in listen to both bass/kick or should i eliminate one and just practice with the hihats?

Tech Mentor

I just try to to start it one the one as good as I can and then manipulte the vinyl in the center with my fingers. I almost never touch the pitch fader since I only have dubstep records at the moment.

What I would do is find 2 good songs for beatmatching and keep at it.
    interesting, i did what you said and like after one minute of fast fowarding the track using my fingers in the middle of the vinyl i came close to beatmatching it. and im sitting down of course because i think standing up builds for fustration a lot faster than sitting down

well the kick and the snare are suposed to be in sync... (probably not the one and only way to do it but still)
    You are an experienced DJ are you not ?

Don't be offended, just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by cutflow View Post
    interesting, i did what you said and like after one minute of fast fowarding the track using my fingers in the middle of the vinyl i came close to beatmatching it. and im sitting down of course because i think standing up builds for fustration a lot faster than sitting down

I'm not talking about fast forwarding, I'm talking about subtle manipulation of the bpm. Caress the vinyl as if it were the breasts of a godess... Or like a synthetic material...

Whatever, you choose.

Tech Mentor

I'm not talking about fast forwarding, I'm talking about subtle manipulation of the bpm. Caress the vinyl as if it were the breasts of a godess... Or like a synthetic material...

Whatever, you choose.
    maybe you didnt read my first post. i unpacked my first two turntables out the box this morning early, installed the stylus/cartridges for first time, and i already have 6 vinyls/record i ordered in advanced so today is my first day practicing how to be a dj.

well i manipulated the vinyl to go faster by moving it and catching up to the one i want to sync with. and that seemed to work.

umm so i take off the kick of the ch2 one (the one im trying to bring in) and use the ch2 vinyl mid's and tops to connect with the ch1(the one the people listening to[for example lol]

connect the ch2 mid/tops to the ch1 lows? [is this what you mean]

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast