NAMM..... should I wait to buy? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor
    mk128, maschine, oxygen25, firewire 410, ableton suite 8

If they upgrade the software, just buy the software. That part isn't that complicated.

And they just released the S2 with basically nothing added AFAIK. Yeah…some controls are different. But they're not going to release an S4 mk2 with a booth output or anything…at least, I seriously doubt it.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Zhao View Post
    too much nothing can beat the S4 bundle as far as price for me (im a college kid so i need to save literally every dollar that i can... every single 1. lol)

Tech Wizard

god damnit i want the VCI400 sooooooooo bad! anyone know how the scratching on the VCI 400 would be? compared to the S4 ofc..

that controller is beyyyyond sexy wonder how much the DJTT one will be..?

Tech Wizard

qq

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Cosmo View Post
    i didnt even think of that... if something comes out @ NAMM..... i wouldnt be able to buy it until like..... september?

i dont want the latest stuff... i like all the S4 has to offer its just I think maybe if i waited till after NAMM ill see a product with better features or maybe a new product will drop the price of the S4 by say... $100 or $200 or maybe theyll upgrade the software the S4 comes with or something idk im rambling but u get the picture.

I don't see NI dropping the price of the S4. It's currently on par with the competition, and lowering it would really hurt sales on the S2. They'd have to drop that price similarly, and I can't imagine them discounting a six month old controller unless some serious competition shows up.

i´d say wait till at least april! it´ll be worth it!
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Gruber View Post
    i´d say wait till at least april! it´ll be worth it!
    Ahhhhhhh idk if I can wait that long. 0.0 makes a GREAT point that I never thought of... I think ima end up just buying an s4 as much as I want a vci 400.... the deal i can get with the s4 is just too good I think to justify the vci400

Tech Wizard

qq

Tech Mentor

You should at least wait till namm.. it's two weeks away. I'm sure you can wait two weeks to at least get a glimpse at what there is, even if you're not planning on buying anything. And although you don't to wait, there are supposed to be several modular type controllers hopefully, so you may find a 2 deck, 4 channel solution for cheaper then the S4 (probably unlikely but who knows!) Waiting never hurt anyone, especially for only two weeks!
    Just my two cents
    mk128, maschine, oxygen25, firewire 410, ableton suite 8

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast