NAMM 2012 Rumours and New Release Thread
Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default NAMM 2012 Rumours and New Release Thread

Anyone know anything about anything that is rumoured to be released at NAMM this year?

Post it up in this bitch.

Tech Mentor

Nice. Doin' work.

Allen & Heath refresh of the DB4... that's what I want to be unveiled at NAMM.

Do I need it? Of course not. Would it stop me from settling for a DJM-900Nexus?

Absolutely.

Tech Guru

Hopefully NAMM will be the emergence of the modular dj midi units.

Wants:

- x1 width 2 channel mixer unit with xfader. Much like the xone k2 but less xoney.
    - novation twitch mk2?

Tech Mentor

Xoney.

I like your style.

A lot of companies will release a lot of stuff that no one needs but everyone on the internet will drool over.

Top end professionals–other than Ritchie Hawtin–will largely ignore the whole fiasco except possibly as publicity.

I hope someone will make a competitor for the Arturia Analog Experience Laboratory with better designed hardware. Seriously 10 knobs, 10 faders, and 4 buttons on something that's supposed to be a synth…triple it and we'll talk. And a desktop or rack unit would be sweet. Basically…a dumb Virus TI with the plugin doing the work and the hardware just being a controller…you know…like Access could have released years ago when they released the first RTAS version. Or basically a Maschine that doesn't require 10 pages of controls for a soft synth.

I wouldn't mind a version of Maschine that looks more like an EDM-oriented groovebox than an MPC…16 smaller buttons along the bottom instead of a 4x4 grid, everything else moved around a little, and a shape/size closer to the Mikro.

Stanton will largely be absent, owing to their recent takeover by Gibson, who haven't had a chance to bitch slap their entire (aesthetic) design department yet. If Stanton does anything, it'll be aesthetic redesigns of their existing products…and they'll probably be a lot less ugly.

A lot of people are going to trash-talk the Panasonic reps behind their backs, and there might be someone who actually has the balls to fart at them…but that's it.

There might be the first Thunderbolt audio interfaces, but they're either going to come from someone like Avid or Apogee and be really expensive or from some random POS company and suck. If it comes from Avid, it'll still require HDX cards instead of also featuring DSP chips.

UA might announce that they're planning on considering building a Thunderbolt version of their acceleration cards.

I'll compulsively check Skratchworx, DJTT, recording.org, and Harmony Central for news despite not actually giving a shit about anything that'll be released.
    Last edited by mostapha; 01-04-2012 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post
    less xoney.
    blasphemy.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post

I'll compulsively check Skratchworx, DJTT, recording.org, and Harmony Central for news despite not actually giving a shit about anything that'll be released.
    that's hilarious.

Kind of like my feelings towards the Xone: K2. I drooled over it for like two weeks during and after NAMM before realizing it does absolutely nothing I want or need.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 01-04-2012 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post
    less xoney
    How about just reasonably sized?

Tech Guru

define reasonably sized?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    A lot of companies will release a lot of stuff that no one needs but everyone on the internet will drool over.
    Your enthusiasm is intoxicating. Doin' okay over there, buddy? Rough day?

I will certainly be following your cupcakes and rainbows coverage of NAMM 2012. Subbed, mos def.

Tech Guru

some filly broke his heart.

Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast