OK I'm new to serato, but renaming crates shouldn't be this hard?

Default OK I'm new to serato, but renaming crates shouldn't be this hard?

I feel like an utter tit for having to ask, but how on earth do you rename crates on Serato? I can't even seem to delete the damn things once I create them.

Though it was originally due to not having my SL1 box plugged in, but that wasn't it - I've tried right clicking for a context men, but it doens't seem to do anything

a little help ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Tech Mentor

Hold control it think .. Just like holding shift and ledt or right to load decks

Or go to setup and see if ur library is protected
    Last edited by jsa83; 01-05-2012 at 06:58 AM.
    2 Technics M5Gs - 4 Technics mk2s - Novation Dicers - Rane Sixty-two - Monster Beats By Dre. Pro - KrK Rokit 6s - Avid Mini box - Pro Tools - Pioneer DDJ SX - Novation Twitch

double click to rename, ctrl/cmnd + delete to erase them
    2013 Vancouver Red Bull Thre3style champ

FACEBOOK | TWITTER | SOUNDCLOUD | INSTAGRAM

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Bike View Post
    double click to rename, ctrl/cmnd + delete to erase them
    This.

Also, all crates are saved in your Music -> Serato folder. You can go back and replace them if you delete one by mistake. You can also delete, and remame them there as well.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Ohms View Post
    I feel like an utter tit for having to ask, but how on earth do you rename crates on Serato? I can't even seem to delete the damn things once I create them.

Though it was originally due to not having my SL1 box plugged in, but that wasn't it - I've tried right clicking for a context men, but it doens't seem to do anything

a little help ...
    Make sure you don't have the "Protect Library" option checked in the setup menu. If that option is checked, then you can't rename/edit/delete crates or tracks.

Also FYI, Scratch Live doesn't have any right click/contextual menus anywhere (except if you use the 57, but that's only for the hardware panel to reassign functions).

Quote Originally Posted by Konix View Post
    Make sure you don't have the "Protect Library" option checked in the setup menu. If that option is checked, then you can't rename/edit/delete crates or tracks.

Also FYI, Scratch Live doesn't have any right click/contextual menus anywhere (except if you use the 57, but that's only for the hardware panel to reassign functions).
    AHA!

I had it protected.

Cheers guys, problem solved.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

It's nice having that checked when you are actually mixing though, I've changed the names of some stuff a couple of times just trying to select tunes. Pain in the ass lol.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter