cdj 400 and traktor pro 2 midi or hid ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default cdj 400 and traktor pro 2 midi or hid ?

Just a quick question,

I have hooked my pair of cdjs to traktor at home to save me burning cd's every time I get new tunes, it seems to work ok but a little bit laggy - how do i tell if they are in hid or midi mode ?? as i heard it may be because they are in midi mode, and also is it possible to change the pitch resolution to 0.05 as opposed to 0.02 ? as I want them to be as close to using cds as standard like I would in clubs

Tech Guru

I have 400's as well, and I believe they are in HID mode....however, the jog wheels are very laggy. I much prefer the response of the 400's with Serato.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

would i need the full kit with serato like soundcard etc ?? I dont want to fork out for it also if there is not much difference and serato is more complicated too

Tech Guru

yeah you'd need the SSL soundcard....and even a used one will run you a couple hundred bucks.

But --- I'll tell you, it's MUCH less complicated than Traktor and works 100 times better with the CDJ 400's. The big advantage of the 400's and traktor is that you can use the 400's sound card with TP2, i just wish the response time especially with the jogs was better. With SSL it's dead on.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

i maned up and gotmyself an sl4 ... not set it up yet but im sure it will be excellent
    CDJ 2000s + DJM 2000

Check out my Mixes : Soundcloud

i really dont want to pay an extra £450 on top of what ive already spent, i just want something which i dont need to burn cds which is not scratch mode or usb sticks. Just some sort of software where i can drag and drop on right deck and left deck etc to make my life easier, is there any alternatives ?

Quote Originally Posted by djrhyswhite View Post
    i really dont want to pay an extra £450 on top of what ive already spent, i just want something which i dont need to burn cds which is not scratch mode or usb sticks. Just some sort of software where i can drag and drop on right deck and left deck etc to make my life easier, is there any alternatives ?
    You can try mixxx if someone will burn you traktor timecode CD's. It has timecode support.

i take it i would need the audio 4dj card for that ??

iInoticed on my email you said djing aint cheap get used to it, ive been djing for over 10 years and learned on vinyl and a set of 1210's which cost 500 the pair as opposed to the prices of cdjs which are like at least 600 each without a mixer! and the prices of tunes haven't changed much so I think this new skool digital visual half cheating dj'ing isnt cheap no. But seems due to how things have changed i have no choice but to follow....

Default cdj 400 and traktor pro 2 midi or hid ?

Mixxx is free and you can use any sound card you want.

Music has gotten cheaper. Gear hasn't unless you're looking in the controller market.

If you're a serious Dj makin money, why not just get yourself an audiobox and traktor scratch? It's $350 for scratch duo with an audio 6. You can also find used Serato sl1s for under 300 if you look hard enough.

And it isn't half cheating. It's using the tools at your disposal to your advantage and being a better and more efficient Dj for it. It's like saying people who use excel spreadsheets are cheating because they aren't doing it by hand. That's just a ridiculous argument and we both know it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast