CDJ's & X1

Thread: CDJ's & X1

Tech Mentor

Default CDJ's & X1

Just wanted some input on using cdjs and an X1 in traktor.

I have 2 cdj-400s which i would like to map the effects buttons to traktor but im thinkin getting an x1 might be even easier and more efficient seeing that i want cue point control as well.

Any advice here? How the hell do i set this up?

Current setup:

2 x cdj-400
    Xone 42
    Macbook pro
    krk 6e monitors

Thanks in advance.
    | 13" MBP (mid 2010) | Traktor Pro 2.0.3 | Audio 8DJ | Kontrol X1 | Akai LPD8 | 2 x CDJ-400 | Allen & Heath Xone 42 | AIAIAI TMA-1 | 2xRokit KRK 6SE WHITE |

Thats pretty much my set up. and i just use the cdjs in HID mode and the x1 for effects.

Tech Mentor

is there a specific .tsi file you use for it? Also, when you set it up in controller mapping prefs...do you set it to focus while the cdj's are set to deck A & B?
    | 13" MBP (mid 2010) | Traktor Pro 2.0.3 | Audio 8DJ | Kontrol X1 | Akai LPD8 | 2 x CDJ-400 | Allen & Heath Xone 42 | AIAIAI TMA-1 | 2xRokit KRK 6SE WHITE |

you have to set up the cdjs specifically cause when you put both in it won't work correctly, you need to aggreegate them into one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHtpIT4EhPI

Just plug in the x1 and the standard tsi should load up.

Tech Mentor

Great thats all i needed to know. I know they need to aggregated and what not...Just wasnt sure if there was a different process with the x1.

Havent bought the x1 yet but looks like that is my next move.

Tech Mentor

One more quick question....since there are loop controls on the cdj and the x1, will the function continue to work the same on both?'

And same question goes for any other repeated controls...

ummm from what I remember with the traktor mapping tsi built in they don't have the loop enabled, you would have to add that yourself. I think..... I could be way off though.

If someone made a rad mapping for the 400 they could be really killer.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by guiltyblade View Post
    ummm from what I remember with the traktor mapping tsi built in they don't have the loop enabled, you would have to add that yourself. I think..... I could be way off though.

If someone made a rad mapping for the 400 they could be really killer.
    A little confused at what you mean about loop enabled?? Are you talking about the X1 or the cdj-400??? I havent gotten the x1 yet but i know you have loop control with the .tsi that comes with it. And as for my cdj-400, i have control over looping in HID mode as well....

I just want to make sure that i will have the option to set loops on either my cdj or the x1 while running them together. Or in similar fashion i can browse with the encoder on the cdj or on the x1. I cant imagine they would affect one another.... Im assuming that both functions would remain functional.

Anyways, i just bought the x1 but i gotta wait for it to deliver. Think it is going to be my favorite purchase in a while.