SL1 with new Mac Book Pro
    Tech Wizard

Default SL1 with new Mac Book Pro

I read that there could be some issues using a SL1 with the new mac book pro (core i5, i7), a friend sold me a SL 1 (50€) two weeks ago (for a gig in a club), I tried it at his place (my friend) with cdj 1000, it works very well (a bit of latency, but nothing awful).
    I got the last mac book pro 13", but I have two V7 (controler with Itch), I tried to use them with the SL1, loading the serato timecode signal on Itch, then plugging RCA from V7 to SL1, it works with few bugs, I know it's fucked up but I wanted to try this experiment.

Some dudes using SL1 with the last MBP could reassure me ?

So 2 weeks left before a gig, in a popular club in Paris, I'm scared of dropout or other issues like this due to the hardware (I'll spin with CDJ1000 mk3) I use. Should I rip CD's if ever a shit happened ?

Thanks a lot,
    Mac Book Pro 13", 1x Stanton ST150, TTM 57 SL.

huh? SL1 box with Itch and timecodes....?

What exactly are you trying to do, I'm confuzzled.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by jprime View Post
    huh? SL1 box with Itch and timecodes....?

What exactly are you trying to do, I'm confuzzled.

This was the only way to test the SL1 box with turntables (controler), even though I tested it in Internal mode.

I just wanna be sure that SL1 don't f*ck when used with the last MBP, cause I read that CPU core i5, i7 (last MBP are featured with teses cpus ) would have issues with usb 1.1 (I'm talking about a normal use, not the experiment I did with V7s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeejayAlex View Post
    This was the only way to test the SL1 box with turntables (controler), even though I tested it in Internal mode.

I just wanna be sure that SL1 don't f*ck when used with the last MBP, cause I read that CPU core i5, i7 (last MBP are featured with teses cpus ) would have issues with usb 1.1 (I'm talking about a normal use, not the experiment I did with V7s)
    The issues are more to do with the fact that if you plug more than one USB 1.1 device into an Core i5/i7 based Motherboard, the motherboard doesn't provide the correct amount of power to both units and one or other won't work (usually dependant upon the order you plug them in)

For example I try to use my SL1 box (which I bought for £50 as well) and my Dicers at the same time I have issues. The fix is to use a USB 2.0 Hub (ideally a powered on) to provide the extra juice needed when using 2 usb 1.1 devices

Hope this helps
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Would it help if he powered the SL1?

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Ohms View Post
    The issues are more to do with the fact that if you plug more than one USB 1.1 device into an Core i5/i7 based Motherboard, the motherboard doesn't provide the correct amount of power to both units and one or other won't work (usually dependant upon the order you plug them in)

For example I try to use my SL1 box (which I bought for £50 as well) and my Dicers at the same time I have issues. The fix is to use a USB 2.0 Hub (ideally a powered on) to provide the extra juice needed when using 2 usb 1.1 devices

Hope this helps
    Interesting. I have an early 2011 13" Macbook Pro and I don't have any issues running my SL1 box and Dicers at the same time. Usually I run them all off of battery power as well with the laptop, because I can't be arsed to bring my computer charger between my desk and my mixing table.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DeejayAlex View Post

SL-1 issue with i-series processor is only valid if you running Windows system. Apple fixed that in their OSX, so Macs dont have those problems.

info here: http://serato.com/forum/discussion/327412#new

you should be fine with the SL-1 and the new macs. try dropping your latency to 5ms and report you findings sir.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    you should be fine with the SL-1 and the new macs. try dropping your latency to 5ms and report you findings sir.
    thanks sir, even if scrath live doesn't allow me to set latency below 5ms.