Multiple Out commands for One Midi note? (TRAKTOR DICER MAPPING)

Default Multiple Out commands for One Midi note? (TRAKTOR DICER MAPPING)

So, like the title says, i'm trying to figure out whether i can have multiple out messages mapped over the same midi note... The purpose is so that i can have a different coloured l.e.d output dependant on the cue type set up (Yellow for beatgrid, Red for cue point, Green for loop point etc...) This is using a set of Novation Dicers...

Now i know from personal experience that understanding people's meanings when it comes to complex mapping scenarios can be a bit of a mindf**k, so i've tried to put this as simply as i can (without trying to be patronising)...

What I have managed to figure out so far is this. When mapping output messages for the hotcue states, the controller range from 0-5 represents the cue type (so 0=Cue, 1=Fade In, 2=Fade Out etc...)

So, in theory, if you were to set the range to only be between say 4&4 for a beatgrid on Hotcue 1, then the l.e.d should only light up when you have that type of Hotcue set. This works fine, in conjunction with setting the midi range to determine the colour.

Now here's the but... When i map a duplicate out message for the same midi note (ie: same button on the controller) but change the values of the controller range (For the different hotcue type that i might have set) and midi range (for the colour), then i get no l.e.d at all.

Also, it seems to be that whichever output message i set up first is the one that works. So, if i set up a Yellow led for Beatgrids on HC1 and then a Red led for Cue Points on HC1, then the Yellow beatgrid works but the Red cue point doesn't. If i then map the same thing in reverse (the Red Cue first and Yellow Beatgrid second) then it is only the Red Cue that works...

Does anyone know if there is a way round this, or is it just purely because each midi note can only handle one output message?

Thanks for getting all the way to the end... Please help, it's driving me nuts!

Sounds like a job for Bomes to me..
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Sounds like a job for Bomes to me..
    Seems like a pricey solution for led lighting, but thanks for the heads up!
    Anyone else...?

bump??

it probably only outputs the color that it is currently shifted in so if you are on the amber shift if you send red you wont see it until you return to the red shift... maybe send zestoi a message as he can make midimasher do amazing things if the hardware allows it.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Damn, from what midi mapping i've done it sounds like you're doing it right.

Have you tried using duplicate in's? just trying to think of quirks that might work

Tech Guru

Are you using modifiers to define your shifted states?

as synthet1c says u can use midimasher. anything u can do in bomes u can use midimasher and a whole heap more stuff too. someone was asking a similar question yesterday wanting to map multiple out's to a single apc40 pad. same kind of issue... my native traktor mapping skills are a bit limited but from what i can tell if u map more than one out traktor is continually sending out midi data for each of them, instead of choosing the 'best' one. could still be a way of doing this just in traktor tho, but i can't work it out... i do exactly what u are asking in my default midimasher launchpad mapping where i just added something like this:

Code:
    --
    -- the colors we'll use for different hotcue types on the lp (1=normal, 6=loop, 2-5=?)
    --

hotcue_colors = { lp_hi_yellow, lp_hi_yellow, lp_hi_yellow, lp_hi_yellow, lp_hi_yellow, lp_hi_red }

--
    -- a "shift" button that can be used by any control
    --

hold_modifier("launchpad", "btn0", 0, lp_hi_yellow, lp_lo_red, "shift")

--
    -- 4 hotcues for deck 'a'
    --

traktor.hotcue("launchpad", "btn1", 0, hotcue_colors, lp_lo_green, "shift", "a", 1)
    traktor.hotcue("launchpad", "btn2", 0, hotcue_colors, lp_lo_green, "shift", "a", 2)
    traktor.hotcue("launchpad", "btn3", 0, hotcue_colors, lp_lo_green, "shift", "a", 3)
    traktor.hotcue("launchpad", "btn4", 0, hotcue_colors, lp_lo_green, "shift", "a", 4)
    which then changes the colour of the pad based on the cue type, setting them to lp_lo_green if no hotcue and automatically adds a "shift" option to delete each of the cue's too.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Guru

...if u map more than one out traktor is continually sending out midi data for each of them...
    That's why I was asking about modifiers. There's actually a way to control this with modifiers in Traktor. Also, if you're using a modifier to set a shifted state but forget to also set mod states for your feedback, you'll have a mess to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by nem0nic View Post
    That's why I was asking about modifiers. There's actually a way to control this with modifiers in Traktor. Also, if you're using a modifier to set a shifted state but forget to also set mod states for your feedback, you'll have a mess to deal with.
    this is true, and i had totally forgotten about it tbh. but the only way to use a traktor 'out' to change a modifier value is to use a midi loopback device and also to select 'all ports' for the device in the mapping - else it's impossible to get even that back into the current mapping. at least i'm fairly sure that's the case anyway.

modifiers seem to only be settable via an 'in' in traktor but i *think* before traktor pro it was possible and modifers were global or something?
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"