Messed up meeting Deadmau5 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Calling Deadmau5 a moron would be unfair to morons. (imho)
    lol

Nothing against his music...I think he's super talented in that space...but his attitude sucks!

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

This is the thing with idols.

They are rarely as cool in person as on paper.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
    lol

Nothing against his music...I think he's super talented in that space...but his attitude sucks!
    Agreed, his comments about DJs in that Irish Newspaper show him to be an over-opinionated, juvenile with no understanding of DJing outside what he himself does.

Id be tempted to pull his f*cking great big mouse ears if i saw him.
    Does he DJ with that thing on his head?
    Hardly a Daft Punk helmet is it?

Agreed, his comments about DJs in that Irish Newspaper show him to be an over-opinionated, juvenile with no understanding of DJing outside what he himself does.

Id be tempted to pull his f*cking great big mouse ears if i saw him.
    Yeah he does, and I think it's kinda sweet. Look at his pics on MySpace of how they built it.

Still doesn't excuse a shitty attitude.

1Id be tempted to pull his f*cking great big mouse ears if i saw him.
    Nah, he PERFORMS with it on. See below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km8ph7Wvnuc

Tech Wizard

Fus i am so jealous .
    Now that is a person worth meeting.
    Karlos... don't want to rub it in, but it turns out her apartment is at the other end of my street :P (ok, maybe rubbing it in a little )

If you ever fancy a cheapo trip to Ibiza, there's always a spare bed with your name on it here, I'll introduce you to a few people you may have heard of

Fus

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Dude its a long time since i rocked it in Ibiza. I may take you up on that at some point.
    *rufus sells up and moves to Iceland* hahaha

semi-off topic DJ wise, but I would have to agree with DvlsAdvct. I met Shia LaBeouf from the Transformers movie a few months ago while at work, and I would have to say I would have rather met nearly anybody else famous or not. Not that he's a role model for me, in fact I hadn't even seen the movie until about 2 weeks ago, but he is an idol to a lot of people and it wasn't really an experience to remember. I have to say though, that Megan Fox does look as good in person as she does on screen.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Quote Originally Posted by stringerhye View Post
    So here is a rant:

I saw Deadmau5 tonight in Nashville, TN. Awesome show. Great DJ. He's my hero and what made me want to start djing to begin with.

So afterwards my friend says he knows a guy who is going to hang out with Joel after the show. So Im psyched. I think I'm going to have coffee with my idol. Anyway, long story short my friends friend, says that he can only take one guy and I have to leave. Of curse I could have been pushier and probably been able to get 5 minutes. I am kicking myself now.

Have you guys ever messed up something so huge. It's as if a golf player messed up a meeting with Tiger Woods.

I am also kicking myself for not having a copy of my mix on hand.

Enough feeling sorry for myself. Make me feel better guys.
    What's the big deal ? Honestly what are you gonna say to him ? It's not like he's gonna give you an opening slot or tell you some words of wisdom that'll stick with you throughout your career . And he wouldn't have listened to your mix chances are he wouldn't even had taken it . Sorry to be so brutally honest .

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by darrel855 View Post
    What's the big deal ? Honestly what are you gonna say to him ? It's not like he's gonna give you an opening slot or tell you some words of wisdom that'll stick with you throughout your career . And he wouldn't have listened to your mix chances are he wouldn't even had taken it . Sorry to be so brutally honest .
    Love that the post that my post quotes has the last line as 'make me feel better now guys', that is soul crushing honesty lol.
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast