USB Hubs

Thread: USB Hubs

Tech Student

Default USB Hubs

Short and sweet, every review on every site everywhere slates just about any hub I've looked at and I'd rather not waste my time

I'm aware this could be relevant on any old pc tech site but the usage is quite specific, at present I'd be plugging in a Launchpad, Zero remote SL, KMI Softstep, 49 key midi keyboard and peavey usb6(covers I/O)

Sadly my laptop only has 3 orifices for these 5 minimum

Can imagine I'm not alone in this so just wanted to know if anyone could recommend something reliable, for the time being I'm having to juggle what I use at once

Also some of my controllers have tendencies of favouritism, the launchpad only works on the left side, softstep only works in right handside etc, don't want to get the hub and have nothing work

blah blah, help appreciated

Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Student

Everything I have afaik is 2.0 so I don't need multi TT I think so that broadens my options, and I've read the homepage post by Ean in 2010 and even those get some reviews of inconsistent performance, there doesn't seem to be a perfect one in sight

Tech Wizard

I got two non powered hubs before I got this one. The non-powered hubs were picky about which product they would pick up. With this powered hub I have had no issues at all.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...004&CatId=4756
    MMM Making Music With Food. Yep! Taste good and sound good too!

Quote Originally Posted by chefmix View Post
    I got two non powered hubs before I got this one. The non-powered hubs were picky about which product they would pick up. With this powered hub I have had no issues at all.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...004&CatId=4756
    how many of them ports do you use at once ?
    and do you dj using them ?

and clicks or pops etc ?
    Please LIKE MY PAGE FACEBOOK Page and I'll Return The Favor

)))---|> http://facebook.com/DjBullyBolger <|---(((

I used a Kensington powered USB HUB 2.0 which had 4 ports, didn't have any problem at all. I had 2 CDJs and a Akai LPD8 hooked on it.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by IrishBlaggard View Post
    how many of them ports do you use at once ?
    and do you dj using them ?

and clicks or pops etc ?
    I use as many as I need, lets see I've ran my

Controllers: (Hercules RMX), Korg NanoKeys2, and Numark Total Control

Up to four external Hardrives (2 self powered and 2 USB powered)

and my mouse (in one of the other three open ports on my CPU), so I guess sometimes I use all seven, plus the ports on my CPU. I have not had any clicks, pops, stops, pauses, slowdowns or latency issues. I do DJ with it. My main DJ software is Xylio's Future Decks Pro but I also have Virtual DJ LE, Cue LE, Tractor LE, MIXXX and some others I picked up along the way. I only use all four hard drives at home when I'm working on stuff 'cause I have my stuff all over the place. When I do a gig I usually use just one HD unless it was a last minute thing and I was not able to get my music list together and on one HD.

My CPU Specs are:
    ASUS K5OIJ
    Intel Pentium (R) Dual Core T4400@2.20 GHz
    3.0 GB RAM
    Windows 7 Home Edition 64 bit
    Main HD 234 GB memory
    Sub HD 44.4 GB Memory

I DJ on an account that I set up specifically for that so no extra programs are running. My software is loaded and ran from the Sub HD. I have ran it in another account but typically don't. Hopes this helps
    MMM Making Music With Food. Yep! Taste good and sound good too!

thank you very much for the detailed reply i use a mbp and i only got 2 usb ports, and the s4 takes up one of them and then i plug in an external harddrive and thats me out of ports which sucks, as i would rather have proper mouse and other option available, thanks very much, i must get me one of them...
    Please LIKE MY PAGE FACEBOOK Page and I'll Return The Favor

)))---|> http://facebook.com/DjBullyBolger <|---(((

Tech Guru

i use one of these [ame="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ERAOL4"]Amazon.com: Belkin Hi-Speed USB 2.0 4-Port Hub F5U234v1: Electronics[/ame]

Running a Kontrol X1, an LPD8, a nanokontrol and my audio 8 of it with no issues.

you know how to use the search feature of this forum?

you know there's countless post about that here?
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter