Best place to legally get top 40 music online
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Best place to legally get top 40 music online

Hey all, I've been practicing mixing for a few months now, and it looks like I'm pretty much lined up for DJing my school's dances next year after the current senior graduates. I've been building up decent library of music, but I know that I'm going to need to add more top 40 dance/pop to it considering the way these dances normally go. However, I'm not really sure what the best place is to get this type of music. I've been buying CDs and using beatport so far, but beatport doesn't have much unmixed top 40 and a lot of these songs are singles that don't have CDs. I also saw that itunes and amazon mp3 prohibit you from using their songs commercially, so I'm kind of stuck now Anyone got suggestions? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by krixvar View Post
    I also saw that itunes and amazon mp3 prohibit you from using their songs commercially, so I'm kind of stuck now
    and how would they know you used them to DJ your school's dance?
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Convert

Yeah, I know I'm being overtly worried I guess.... I'm fine with doing that, I was just wondering if there was any other site I hadn't found out about for future reference....

traxxsource audiojelly junodownload satellite records...i think the record pools tend to cater towards the top 40 sound...

Tech Convert

Awesome, thanks! I'm still getting a feel for all of this and I'm trying to stay as legal as possible, so someday if I land a bigger gig I don't have to worry about using music I might not supposed to be using

???

Why not just use itunes? They have all the top 40 songs as far as i know ;-)
    Traktor Pro 2, Traktor Kontrol S4, Audio 2, Aiaiai TMA-1, Behringer EuroRack MX 1604A, M-Audio BX5A, Macbook Pro 15'' mid 2010
    Facebook and Soundcloud: Fuscus http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fuscus/275164752519652

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    traxxsource audiojelly junodownload satellite records...i think the record pools tend to cater towards the top 40 sound...
    When did these guys start carrying top 40?

Tech Convert

Elias- Yeah, I think I'll just be using itunes and maybe amazon's music service. I guess I've just been a bit too cautious worrying about this whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    When did these guys start carrying top 40?
    doesnt hurt to look everywhere for your tunes...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast