Traktor 2 Monitor Question
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor 2 Monitor Question

I have searched, I did not find anything on google or here. I am trying to set my headphone monitoring so that I hear Track A playing (The outgoing track playing on the PA) and have Track B (the track being mixed in) only be as audible as I mix it in.

The way the cue works now is that once both channels are selected by Cue, they are both playing at full volume regardless if track B's fader is at 0.

Anyway to make this work? This just seems to be the most effective way for me to monitor and mix.

And do you have a soundcard sir?
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

The X:One DX has an internal sound card built in.

Have you set up your output routing correctly?
    i´ll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

Tech Wizard

Yup, I can monitor and cue just fine, just not the ideal way that I want.

Quote Originally Posted by djnrs View Post
    I have searched, I did not find anything on google or here. I am trying to set my headphone monitoring so that I hear Track A playing (The outgoing track playing on the PA) and have Track B (the track being mixed in) only be as audible as I mix it in.
    To be frank, I don't really understand what you want to achieve. Judging by this description you just want the master signal on the headphones (which would defy the use of headphones completely, imo).

The way the cue works now is that once both channels are selected by Cue, they are both playing at full volume regardless if track B's fader is at 0.
    Again, I'm not sure I fully understand you, but what you describe is the normal behavior. If you activate cue for both channels, both are gonna be playing in your headphones.

Are you maybe looking for the "Cue-Mix"-pot?
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Tech Wizard

Well I have been trying different methods of mixing within my headphones and with the monitors, and I simply prefer the comfort of hearing track B come in over top of track A in my headphones. I guess I could just take my headphones off and listen to the monitors once I am cued up, but given the shit quality of alot of bar/club speakers, I had considered this option.

Sorry if this is confusing, As I mix now I have the split cue on, and than the direct channel cue of whatever I am bringing in.

Well then, cue-mix is exactly what you're looking for. Cue up with cue-mix fully to the cue side (cue activated only for the incoming track obviously), then deactivate cue on that track and turn the cue-mix-pot fully to the mix side. Mission accomplished
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/