Budget 4 Channel Mixer Suggestions?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Budget 4 Channel Mixer Suggestions?

Hi all, I'm looking for a 4 channel mixer to leave at my residency as they have no equipment of their own and I'm tired of carrying my DJM500 on the bus every week...

It needs to have 4 line ins [every other week I play b2b with my mate so we need 2 ins each], XLR outputs, and ideally internal psu and mic input.

This is the best ive found so far:
    http://www.decks.co.uk/products/numark/M6

Anyone used one of these, or have any other recommendations?

I'd be real grateful if you do!
    Mixes: www.mixcloud.com/djalexwild/
    Production: www.soundcloud.com/alexwild
    DJM500 : X1 : MBP 15" 2.53 GHz 4 GB RAM : HD25SP : MASCHINE

that M6 looks alright.. im sure its not too bad for mixing.. sound might not be too great though...
    CDJ 2000s + DJM 2000

Check out my Mixes : Soundcloud

+1 on the above. But why cant the place youre working for invest in some equipment?
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Why on earth would you invest in a piece of equipment that your employer should pay for?

The argument 'it'll be mine even if i'll leave the place' is invalid, since you're going for a budget mixer you'll never use at home.
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

I use Numark 200FX at home, does the job. The faders on all Numark equipment are not as timely as one would expect (or at least not if you abuse them like most fuckoff-DJs do). You might wanna notice that M6 has fatty EQ knobs, not so great for some styles of mixing (love them personally but numark's EQ curve won't really let you have the benefit of them being nice and thick).
    If you've never used any Numark before, I suggest you go somewhere and try it before buying. Try any similar (analogue) model, just to get the feel of line-fader and EQ curve.

Edit: I hate that they used fader for master, I have gaffer tape over it to prevent moving it accidentally.
    Many photons have died to bring you this information.

I don't like the numark mixers at all, have had an m6 and I didn't like it, sold it and got a ddm4000, and was very happy with that. Look into it, it's a good little cheap mixer.

Tech Mentor

Why don't you just buy a better mixer for the house and leave the DJM-500 at the club. A cheap mixer in a club environment is not a good idea.

To answer all the questions;

1. The place I work at doesn't have a proper booth or any equipment so a stipulation of taking the job is that the DJ brings their own setup. I'm not about to start arguing with them about it now after working there for a year and a half.

2. I'd love to leave my mixer their and justify treating myself to a new one, but the DJM500 only has 3 line inputs. The 4th channel is either phono or mic. I've been having to go into the mic input on really low gain, which is far from ideal. Also, my mate is willing to go halves on the new one for the bar, which he obviously wouldn't for a new one for my room!

mr.drummer.boy: What exactly didn't you like about the Numark? Is the build better on the DDM4000? Because that's the only thing I'd pay more for, I'm not bothered about it's other features tbh.

The master fader is a slight annoyance, but then my DJM has the same flaw and it hasn't really been an issue for me.

Thanks for all the responses. Anyone got any other recommendations?
    Mixes: www.mixcloud.com/djalexwild/
    Production: www.soundcloud.com/alexwild
    DJM500 : X1 : MBP 15" 2.53 GHz 4 GB RAM : HD25SP : MASCHINE

Tech Mentor

Dj tech ddm 3000

Layed out similar to the djm 500

but a kind of sketchy brand, you better look up some reviews
    I AM A DISK JERKER

Tech Mentor

Behringer DDM4000

Amazon: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-DDM4000-DJ-Mixer/dp/B0015NT6KQ"]Amazon.com: Behringer DDM4000 DJ Mixer: Musical Instruments@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61ckOHd-yKL.@@AMEPARAM@@61ckOHd-yKL[/ame]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast