Very low volume. Technic 1210MK3D - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I remember a while back on my old M3D the sound just stopped on the left channel. I spent WEEKS browsing forums trying to figure it out and then I gave up.

Fast forward a few months, I step on my last M447 so I go to take out the one on the M3D and throw it on my M5G and I notice my left channel doesn't have sound....

...turns out my headshell wires for the left channel came loose

-_____-
    Macbook Pro 17" (Early 2011)
    Moog Slim Phatty
    Technics 1210 M5G
    Technics 1200 MKII (Custom white w/ pink splatter for Breast Cancer Awareness)
    Akai MPC 1000BK

Quote Originally Posted by xombiexplox View Post
    I remember a while back on my old M3D the sound just stopped on the left channel. I spent WEEKS browsing forums trying to figure it out and then I gave up.

Fast forward a few months, I step on my last M447 so I go to take out the one on the M3D and throw it on my M5G and I notice my left channel doesn't have sound....

...turns out my headshell wires for the left channel came loose

-_____-
    That doesn't appear to be my problem i don't think as as they work fine in channel 3, and if i use a line input into channel 3 that's fine also, but a line input into channels 1&2 gives me the same result as the phono inputs where i can barely hear the left channel or not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MLT View Post
    That doesn't appear to be my problem i don't think as as they work fine in channel 3, and if i use a line input into channel 3 that's fine also, but a line input into channels 1&2 gives me the same result as the phono inputs where i can barely hear the left channel or not at all.
    I see, guess it's time for a new mixer! I'm in the same boat, I have a less-than-stellar Numark M3. Turns out you don't wanna try and buy cheap something that all your sound goes through!
    Moog Slim Phatty
    Technics 1210 M5G
    Akai MPC 1000BK

But anyway, good luck fixing it :[ sorry it's giving you problems
    Moog Slim Phatty
    Technics 1210 M5G
    Akai MPC 1000BK

Ch 1 and Ch 2 will [almost] always have been used when the mixer was being used in the past. Ch 3 may have seen no action whatsoever. Judging by the looks of the unit (on google) it seems there are only 4 or screws to remove the face plate. Pull that off and go in with a can of compressed air and try clean all of the line faders. If it's been sat, you might want to go and do the same for the crossfader while you're at it. If that solved the problem - bingo. The next step would be to use a contact cleaner like Dexoit or whatever you can get hold of.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12