Very low volume. Technic 1210MK3D
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Very low volume. Technic 1210MK3D

Hi i just picked up a second hand pair of 1210MK3D they came in almost new condition, everything is working fine with my serato box except, one of my turntables has almost completely dropped the sound from the left channel (you can hear it, it's just very low in volume). Now i have cleaned the tone arm contacts, re-soldered the rca cables and soldered new cable also, but the problem still persists. I'm now thinking something wrong with the tone arm itself? Anybody ever had this problem? What did you do to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gonna ask the dumb question first. Have you ruled out the Serato box as an issue? Also, have you tried swapping the needles/carts over to rule them out?
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Yes tried swapping them over same issue, I swapped over the phono cables to the other turntable and had the same issue so I'm thinking it's actually a problem with the box itself, I didn't even consider this as an option. I'll have to open it up later to see if anything is wrong.

On a slightly different note, has anybody here ever had to dismantle a serato box before?

What happens if you take the box out of the equation altogether and use the mixer with straight vinyl?
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

All I have on my currently are 4 serato timecode so unable to test this out, going to pop out and pick up some of my vinyl and give it a go. I'll report back shortly.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by MLT View Post
    All I have on my currently are 4 serato timecode so unable to test this out, going to pop out and pick up some of my vinyl and give it a go. I'll report back shortly.
    you can test with the time codes. you'll just hear a tone.

that's what i'd recommend. first hook your bad deck directly to the phono input on channel 2 and play the time code. tone = good. if it's still super quiet, hook the bad deck up to channel 1 and test again.
    Xyloft Live on Faderwave radio 5-7 PM EST - Drum and Bass, Drumstep, Funky House and more.

Tech Mentor

Tones.
    Any kind of tones
    All types of tones just hypnotones
    Not the ones that make you moan and groan
    But the ones that keep you dancin'

See what happens through the mixer and look at the meter.

One of the pre-amps on my audio 8 died too and the same thing happened. I don't feel like getting a new soundcard and I use it mostly at home so I bought this $20 mini phono preamp.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-PP400-Ultra-Compact-Phono-Preamp/dp/B000H2BC4E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326045930&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Behringer PP400 Ultra-Compact Phono Preamp: Musical Instruments@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41E3FtHTLaL.@@AMEPARAM@@41E3FtHTLaL[/ame]

Ok so it's not actually the Box or the Turntables but the mixer it seems, on channel one i only get the right channel same on channel 2, but on channel 3 everything is fine loud and clear, i cant test it on channel 4 since its both line inputs. I got the mixer from my dad he's had it on his loft a long time but he tells me its barely been used. The mixer is a Vestax PCM-15 MKII, i cant seem to figure out what is different from channels 1&2 and channel 3.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast