ATTN JESTER - Looking for PsyBreaks (if that's what the genre is called even)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default ATTN JESTER - Looking for PsyBreaks (if that's what the genre is called even)

Hey all, I've heard that there is a micro genre that is pretty much psy/goa but fully breakbeat rather than straight beat, if anyone could clue me in about it I'd appreciate it, I don't have any clue as to what producers and labels do it, if anyone could help me out I'd give them a no prize (I actually have one from the early 90s, I probably am the biggest nerd on DJTT)

And I actually won't give you my no prize. sorry to disappoint, but please help me nonetheless
    My Soundcloud: Bigheadmike

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Mixing is a lot like farting. If you have to force it, its probably shit!

to quote from ektoplazm ..

Psytrance meets breakbeats. It is an obscure style, not commonly produced. Some artists draw upon drum 'n bass rhythms, others prefer to work with more electro-flavoured beats. Slower material of a similar nature can be found under downtempo.

bring your shovel here and see what you can dig up ..

http://www.ektoplazm.com/style/psybreaks
    http://www.ektoplazm.com/style/downtempo

I've noticed a lot of prog trance tunes lately have been incorporating breaks and dubstep bits which is cool, tbh pure psybreaks is not my specialty and if you can find some cool stuff hook a brother up!

Cybernetikka is the best Psy/Breaks/Drum n Bass shit i've ever heard

newest album http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/...etika-colossus
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Oh my lord, that is the greatest website ever for free music, many many thanks Jester...YOU F'n Rock
    My Soundcloud: Bigheadmike

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Mixing is a lot like farting. If you have to force it, its probably shit!

Look up Parallax Breakz as well, very nice psybreaks.
    My equipment: Numark Omnicontrol Midi Controller, Traktor Pro (lol pro setup right?)

Rabid Season Mix

Cybernetika is pretty cool, albeit fairly DnB-ish, personally, I prefer stuff like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia9827qjOiE
    i´ll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

Check out anything on the 'Broken Robot' or 'Loggaridim' labels.
    Look up artists like Hedflux, Broken Eye, Bad Tango, Neurodriver, Luqas, Too Dusty, KWAH, Big Mistake, Motna, Flectric, 48k
    Join this facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/Psybreaks
    Last edited by rjw; 05-03-2012 at 06:42 AM.

Tech Convert

^^^^^ came here to post what that guy said. Broken Robot has some absolutely SICK producers. Look up Far Too Loud, especially their early tracks, anytime before 2009 pretty much. Neurodriver actually used to be a part of Far Too Loud but left to keep making psy-breaks when FTL started doing a lot more electro-house type stuff.

Classic smash of a track by Far Too Loud: Far Too Loud - Play It Loud (Broken Robot Mix)

Also check out Beatman & Ludmilla, they are, in my opinion, the best breaks producers in the game right now.

Probably the *BEST* psy-breaks track I've ever heard is this: Beatman & Ludmilla - Leeroy Jenkins

Also another *REALLY* good track by them: Paul Oakenfold - Tokyo (Beatman & Ludmilla Remix):

One more for the road, more of a full-on breaks track but still slaaaays: Planet Perfecto Nights - Resurection (Beatman & Ludmilla Remix)

Tech Mentor

+1 on the usual suspects lists above. Also Unconscious Mind(s), Dub Elements.

If you're happy to dig (and play older tunes) Mood Deluxe has some stunners, as does Jnr Hacksaw, Lawgiverz - some Si Begg, Tipper and SOTEG (Bil Bless) stuff fits in this kind of area to my ear, too (Although the Trigger guys I just referenced tend to refer to it as Electro-breaks)

More and more of the Broken Robot style stuff sounds like straight beats with missing kickdrums, rather than breakbeats, to my ears.

Also check VIM as a label, and Rune (particularly Rune black) - Rune is fairly proggy with it, though.

For radio shows, try Quextal's Quexotic Adventures (Saturdays @19:00 UK time on www.nsbradio.co.uk) and check out www.quextal.com. I often touch on Psyish sounds in Beached As Breaks, but tend to prefer actual break beats, so I've been delving into the gay-rage coming out on L2S (Whistla's new album is wicked, wicked, wicked good).

*edit* OMG, and Ayra. <3 Beatman & Ludmilla. LEEROY JENKINS!!!!
    2 x Technics 1200 mk5 | 2 x Pioneer CDJ-1000 mk3 | A&H Xone:62 | KRK RP5-G2 | 15" MBP | TSP | Audio8DJ | Kontrol X1 | Korg KP-3 | Korg NanoKontrol
    Beached As Breaks, Mondays 7am - 9am UK Time on NSB Radio | Podcast | Archives | Facecrack

Tech Convert

Check out Will Marshal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast