Help me decide on a midi capable scratch mixer
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Help me decide on a midi capable scratch mixer

I'm trying to decide on what kind of mixer to go with for my ideal dvs setup. What I do know that I want in a setup is- 2 technics (for scratching and other turntablism routines), Traktor scratch pro 2 with the audio 10 (for ultimate connectivity), and 1 midi fighter pro (for cue hopping and beatmashing)

What I'm looking for in a mixer is one that is midi capable, has an excellent adjustable crossfader for scratching, can be used with just the turntables for vinyl only (no dvs) or all midi without the turntables (with just the midifighter, soundcard, and traktor for portability) and have as much control over traktor as I do now with just my herc controller (lots of buttons). Does such a beast exist?
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

Tech Wizard

The pioneer djm-t1 seems to be what your looking for . Traktor scratch ready , midi capabilities , can be used as a standalone mixer (no dvs only normal vinyl or cdj's...) & it can be used with traktor's internal decks .

That said , it is still an expensive beast .

Tech Mentor

Denon DNX 600. On board effects as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg5OH View Post
    Kinda sounds like a big hiss then boom boom wacka wacka boom

Tech Wizard

+1 Johnv . Forgot about that mixer .

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

If you want four channels the DNX1600 is mighty fine.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I'm liking the four channels of the x1600, and would make buying the audio 10 unnecessary. I probably wouldnt use the onboard fx. How much would the upgrade to tsp2 cost?

I'm digging the layout of the t1 as it seems to be more up my alley of full control of traktor, but I would like to be able to have volume control over the sample decks. I guess I could just map a knob as a channel fader.
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

Quote Originally Posted by djfunke View Post
    I'm liking the four channels of the x1600, and would make buying the audio 10 unnecessary. I probably wouldnt use the onboard fx. How much would the upgrade to tsp2 cost?
    I've thought about selling my 1600 and could maybe be persuaded to bundle a scratch upgrade along with it.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Take your time and think about what you would want for it. My job only pays minimum wage and I'll have to sell my current gear as well as some other non dj stuff before I can afford anything, so right now i'm just trying to get ideas of what's out there. If anyone has any other mixers they would recommend, feel free to mention them.

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I've thought about selling my 1600 and could maybe be persuaded to bundle a scratch upgrade along with it.
    Do you do any scratching with it at all? Just out of curiosity.
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

Quote Originally Posted by djfunke View Post
    Take your time and think about what you would want for it. My job only pays minimum wage and I'll have to sell my current gear as well as some other non dj stuff before I can afford anything, so right now i'm just trying to get ideas of what's out there. If anyone has any other mixers they would recommend, feel free to mention them.
    It's not really for sale, but if someone were to send me $900 for the mixer and scratch upgrade I would probably buckle.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybertrash View Post
    Do you do any scratching with it at all? Just out of curiosity.
    Nope, actually the cross fader is mapped to delay.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast