Traktor Scratch or Serato scratch?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Traktor Scratch or Serato scratch?

I'm not sure which one to get I have traktor pro at the moment and I really like the layout and the effects and plus I love the look of the control vinyls, I haven't tried Serato but it looks pretty good. Is there anyone who has both to help
    Me decide any help would be appriciated
    Numark mixtrack - Numark DJ IO Sound card - Akai lpd8 - Traktor pro 2 - Senheiser HD205

try them both, go with what your comfortable with.

Tech Mentor

Can't go past Traktor if you continue the controller route. There isn't a single application out there that's comparable to the flexiblity Traktor offers.

Personally I feel more comfortable using Scratch Live as a DVS than any other. I use it primarily as a digital crate - not huge on using effects, or loops even - and have never had it stall on me, whereas I would have problems with Traktor Scratch on the same machine.

Tech Wizard

Well from what I have heard/seen people who do more scratching/turntablist stuff go with serato and those more into EDM will go with Traktor. Maybe that will help you a bit.
    13" Core I7 MBP - Kontrol S4 - Midi Fighter - RP-DJ1200 - BX8a

Tech Mentor

What is edm?
    Numark mixtrack - Numark DJ IO Sound card - Akai lpd8 - Traktor pro 2 - Senheiser HD205

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Havik View Post
    What is edm?
    Electronic Dance Music, like Electro House, House, progressive, techno, etc.
    BCF 2000
    Traktor Pro 2
    Kontrol X1

Tech Mentor

Ohk thnx

Quote Originally Posted by dominant View Post
    Well from what I have heard/seen people who do more scratching/turntablist stuff go with serato and those more into EDM will go with Traktor. Maybe that will help you a bit.
    There's no good reason for this though - I play hip-hop/ghettofunk on Traktor.

Serato is a simpler layout, so if you come from a vinyl background it's a bit less over whelming, but if you ever want to get serious about using MIDI Controllers it's not a patch on Traktor. Traktor also is regarded as having better effects, whereas Serato has good integration with Video using the Video SL plugin.

Other than that it's much of a muchness
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Ohms View Post
    There's no good reason for this though - I play hip-hop/ghettofunk on Traktor.

Serato is a simpler layout, so if you come from a vinyl background it's a bit less over whelming, but if you ever want to get serious about using MIDI Controllers it's not a patch on Traktor. Traktor also is regarded as having better effects, whereas Serato has good integration with Video using the Video SL plugin.

Other than that it's much of a muchness
    What do you prefer?

Traktor, as I'm more comfortable with it, only as I've used it for about 3 years, whereas I've only had an old Serato box for about 9 months ... they're really similar in their capabilities, it really is down to personal preference.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast