Upgrade package from Traktor Pro to Scratch - anyone?

Exclamation Upgrade package from Traktor Pro to Scratch - anyone?

So i bought the S4 upgrade package to add scratch functionality to my existing traktor pro license (NI customer service told me this crossgrade would work, and even the packaging says "works with traktor pro 2 + NI soundcard/certified mixer). i also bought a TA6 for timecode-input.

got my tt's and everything works like a charm except for the scratch-timecode-license-thingy.
    I installed the traktor version, that came with the upgrade package (2.1.1) but traktor still starts as "Traktor Pro 2", no scratch functionality...

i tried to upgrade in the service center by clicking the "Upgrade" button on my existing Traktor license and typed in the serial of the scratch upgrade package. The service-center said it was an invalid serial.

so far anyone who did this crossgrade successfully?

please help

(i alredy got a ticked at NI customer service running, but i don't have a reply for a week now...)

Tech Mentor

yeah, this cross-grade does work. make sure your TA6 is registered under the same account as your TP2 license.

if NI's registration support doesn't respond to your ticket in a timely fashion, just call them up.

thx for your quick answer!

well i am working on an offline service center - how does this know if my soundcard is registered in my account online?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Make sure you're not using a shortcut that might be pointing to the old Traktor. When I did my upgrade from Pro to Scratch with the same upgrade kit i just entered my new serial number in Service Center and that turned on the Scratch functionality in Pro. It sounds like yo've got serial number issues though. Where did you get it?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

directly ordered the upgrade package from NI, this should not be a problem...

dumped traktor from my disc, did a clean reinstall on the most-recent downloadable version of traktor, and all went fine!

thx to all of you!