SE Drum roll shorten skillz

Default SE Drum roll shorten skillz

I'm probably being a bit of numpty, but I cant find the info, Is there a way to make the loop shorten more incremental...

When I set a 4 beat loop from the SE, and then use the appropriate shorten loop button, when kept pressed the shortening seems very linear and shortens to the minimum loop size very quickly and in the process of doing so doesn't always sound in time or follow any kind of rhythm, similarly if shorten is pressed repeatedly it's also hard to keep the timing correct.

Is there a way to shorten in a more sequenced and beat syncronized way ie halving the amount of beats each time the shorten button is pressed or is it just down to serious practice hitting the shorten button in time to the beat?

any help much appreciated
    Last edited by jimmymac; 06-14-2008 at 04:29 PM.

I just answered my own question ... sorry

switch cont to loop 1/2 in the loop end top tab, in the loop section of the traktor software

oh well this post may keep others from asking the same dumb question.

vive le VCI100SE!
    Last edited by jimmymac; 07-21-2008 at 07:31 AM.

Hi,

I tried to open a "Loop End" Panel to set the loop end at 1/2 but it doesn't change anything for the "Shorten" button on the VCI, it only makes the loop half long when I press it traktor software "LP/2" button, I would like it to work with the VCI's button. how do you do that?

Thx

OK I found it, you have to right-clic on it so as to set the default length.