First time using CDJ2000
    Tech Wizard

Post First time using CDJ2000

i have been djing digitally for about 6 months now and I'm starting to get the hang of it. I'm using traktor with some midi controllers and i don't rely on using sync.

The thing is that a oppertunety has comed up for me to play infront a large group of people using a pair of pioneer cdj 2000 and a L'accoustice Kara PA sound system. The oppertunety is during a Norwegian graduation tradition called Russ. You party for 1 month on a partybuss and rent the best soundsystems in the world and just party with a bunch of the best DJ's in the world.

Here is two examples.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3y4R..._order&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2J18..._order&list=UL

I was just wondering if anybody has some good tips for using a pair of cdj 2000 and a djm 850 for the first time.

You using time code or no? If yes, its just hooking it up and going from there. You should be pretty comfortable then. Other then the mixer.

If not then its just the work flow. Cue and play man. If you can get rekordbox and analyze your tracks prior to the set. That way BPM is stored in and such, if not sometime it can take a little bit for the cdj to analyze the track and the bpm can be alittle wacky thus making you a little more nervous. Not that you 100% rely on those reading but usually they are fairly accurate. Then just load all your tracks to a USB, that way you don't have to mess around with CDs with will give you more time to track select and get comfortable with the equipment. Make sure you understand how the cue works, whether you have auto cue on or not. Other areas you may want to look into is the tension of the jog wheel and how much it actually moves a track, you will feel it out though.

As for the mixer its pretty standard. The effects can be very fun to use, especially since it will read the bpm from the cdj and you can use the arrows to move speed of the effect via the bpm, it will read either the time or 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 etc of the bpm. Its hard to explain but once you see it you will enjoy it.

If you have a chance try out any other cdjs and pioneer mixer, hell even at a store just to get an idea of the work flow.