Vestax VCI-400 VS Used Denon MC6000
    Tech Student

Default Vestax VCI-400 VS Used Denon MC6000

Here is my situation. I currently own a Rane TTM57SL and two technic 1200 turntables that I was using for analog vinyl and CV.

I don't really use serato anymore and want to switch to Traktor, and at the same time minimize my setup. I am selling my Rane, but want something that I can hook up my turntables for analog and CV, as well as use it as a midi controller type thing in much the same was Shiftee uses the S4.

I am a scratch DJ at heart and have been doing it for 15 years, as well as producing. I recently got into ableton live and using an mpd and a apc20, but really would like to utilize a midi controller that I can play live with and scratch my loops and mix to create a better live performance.

I want the unit that is best for scratching, but I am trying to find someone that has actually used both and knows a thing or two about scratching, not someone who just is regurgitating crap they have read online.

I have tried to use the MC6000, but the pricks at guitar center are..well pricks....so i couldn't try it out.

I have a vestax spin, and that is what actually got me into the whole midi controller thing, I think the vestax is really good for scratching, but like I said I want something with more buttons and the ability to sample and hook up turntables.

I can currently purchase a Denon mc6000 used for $500, which is half the cost of the VCI-400. Price isn't really a factor, but if there aren't any super real advantages to the VCi-400, then I would like to save the $500.

Also, I have done my online research, I know that the MC6000 is good for club mixing with all of it inputs etc.....

So basically, I want to simplify my setup by purchasing a mixer that I can use as a mashing, scratching, sampling, controller and easily take around with me, but also with the ability to go home and still hook up 1200s and use CV and sample my old records. One other thing is I need it to be able to work with an apogee duet 2 as the sound card, which is one reason I didn't get the S4.

Any help would be appreciated, or any other possible suggestions are greatly welcomed, thanks!

I don't have any experience with it but with your set up, you might consider the bridge between ableton and serato.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeKxEz8NHPc
    http://soundcloud.com/thom-b/
    2011-04-14-the-corners-of-my

KONTROL S8, 2x KONTROL D2, XONE DB4, traktor audio 10, kontrol x1, pioneer hdj 2000, software traktor scratch pro 2 & ableton suite 9

you know you can use ms.pinky in ableton to scratch samples using control vinyl right? Ableton doesn't natively support reverse scrubbing/seeking through a sample.

Tech Student

Yea not a big fan of bridge, I like the layout of traktor and would rather just import my music after being created. Plus don't want to have to lug around my turntables everywhere I go

Tech Student

Also to me traktor scratching sounds better then ableton