Can traktor be intalled to a USB external Harddrive ?
    Tech Wizard

Default Can traktor be intalled to a USB external Harddrive ?

Well basically the question is in the topic title is there anyway I could store Traktor pro2 on a 1TB USB external Harddrive ?

Tech Convert

No probably not, and here's why.

Most (if not all) programs save some data in the registry which is a part of your computer that under normal circumstances you can't mess with. Registrys don't exist on HDDs, so you should not be able to download software directly onto a hard drive alone.

Tech Wizard

Okay thanks for the help I'll just leave it on the computer so

Tech Wizard

Actually you can store it on an external harddrive, that is where I have mines at the moment. It does store some info on your computer but in order to use it the drive has to be connected.
    MMM Making Music With Food. Yep! Taste good and sound good too!

Default Can traktor be intalled to a USB external Harddrive ?

Dump all the traktor references from your registry build a single file registry and can be done just execute registry script. In theory this works but might struggle since there are files in user folders and only on windows. Could search for a portable app version and use your seriAl key but this maybe against the terms of use of native instruments. But google portable app howto's maybe

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

Could search for a portable app version and use your seriAl key but this maybe against the terms of use of native instruments.
    It probably wouldn't violate the ToS if you'd create your own portable version with a virtualization tool like ThinApp. I don't know how that virtualization affects performance of Traktor (lag?). I'll do some research on the topic and probably write about it on my blog soon.

I'm always looking for nice niché problems like that.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community