I'm stuck at a crossroads; S4 or VCI 400 Ean Golden Edition, which way do I go?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default I'm stuck at a crossroads; S4 or VCI 400 Ean Golden Edition, which way do I go?

Ok,

I am like most of you, I get suckered in by promo mixed with Ean Golden so....I am puttin some money aside to get an S4, but now I am thinking, should I get the VCI-400?

What do ya'll think?
    http://www.essbeedee.com

Where I work - www.juno.co.uk - "Worlds biggest online Dance music store. DJ Mag award for Best Record Store 3 years running."

Tech Mentor

I was going to get the complete pack with the S2, then I was going to just get an S4. I think I am NOW going to get the EAN edition VCI. Its heavy duty. Features the best of the midifighter and S4. It's great.

Tech Guru

good luck getting your hands on one.

Tech Wizard

I think that a lot of people have the VCI-400 vs S4 dilemma.

It would be really great if Ean, or somebody else here could make a video comparing the two units. I imagine there will be some situations where one unit would be clearly better than the other, but it is hard to tell without actually having both units in front of you.

s4
    CDJ 2000s + DJM 2000

Check out my Mixes : Soundcloud

Tech Guru

Whats the price of the VCI400? I read the press release and couldn't see it anywhere.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Tech Guru

Around a grand or so

Tech Mentor

just get the vci. the one thing i hate the most about my s4 is that its freaks the fuck out whenever I play outdoors and its starts to get cold. the s4 is great but the build quality is it's biggest weakness. Vestax, on the other hand, has been making high quality DJ gear for ages and the 400 looks like the next big step in the whole 'all in one' controller market.

Wait for NAMM when the Reloop Terminal Mix 4 drops, looks like it might give the S4 a run. But i have an S4 and i love the hell out of it if that helps lol

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Otacon View Post
    Wait for NAMM when the Reloop Terminal Mix 4 drops, looks like it might give the S4 a run. But i have an S4 and i love the hell out of it if that helps lol
    This new ReLoop has some interesting features as well...

(Press Release from Mixware at NAMM 2012
    US Distributor to Present New Gear from Electrix, Reloop, UDG, Decksaver, Magma, and EKS)

The Reloop Terminal Mix 4 is a new 4-channel all-in-one DJ controller that includes a special Reloop edition of Virtual DJ and is also plug-and-play with Serato DJ Intro. Features include a Cut & Slice mode to create loops and rolls from sample slices on-the-fly; multiple hot cues and samples on each deck; Master Trax section for easy access to playlists, crates, and preparation lists; extensive audio inputs and outputs including balanced connectors, and much more

My biggest gripes about the S4 despite it near perfect integration with TP2 where:
    - no standalone mixer functionality
    - plastic build quality
    - no booth outs
    - jogwheels height (not my style)

My only real complaint about the VCI-400 were the standalone and boot arguments.
    Xone DX, SE-DJ5000, Itch
    http://soundcloud.com/eizhauz

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast