I'm stuck at a crossroads; S4 or VCI 400 Ean Golden Edition, which way do I go? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by M.Beijer View Post
    Can get it for 7150:- SEK (swedish enkronor)
    which approx is 1050 dollars.
    Now.. when I buy from europe or in Sweden tax with 25% is included in price.
    When I import from the U.S. the customs add 25%

So if the vci-400 DJTT version would sell for 1100 dollars I would pay 1400 + shipping.

Which is quite alot more than a regular vci-400.
    Init! Hoping to be able to do a diy upgrade maybe, like with the 100.

MMM

EDIT:>>>>>> FW updates are able to be done without taking it to pieces! So now all we have to hope is that DJTT release there FW to people that already own the device Wohoo!
    Last edited by MisterMoleyMole; 01-25-2012 at 11:40 AM.
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

this.
    Quote Originally Posted by EanGolden View Post
    Vestax was smart when the provided a lot of "extra" buttons that we were able to map creatively
    To me, the VCI-400 (along with the firmware update and DJTT mapping) includes all of the best elements of the VCI-100 and the MidiFighter/Instant Gratification. The extra buttons (with easily accessible layers) seem to increase the functionality quite a bit. And it sounds like there is some more magic in the mapping yet to be seen.

I also just prefer the build/design of the VCI. It seems sturdier and looks prettier, and I don't like the chunky jog wheels on the NI controllers.

/my $0.02
    !
    Vista | Traktor Pro 2 | VCI-400 EGE | VCI-100 Arcade | MF Pro Beat Masher | MidiFighter Classic (pics)
    Soundcloud

+1 on upgrade kit for regular vci400. I love to support djtt but paying like 500-600 dollars more than original feels a bit too much.

Quote Originally Posted by M.Beijer View Post
    +1 on upgrade kit for regular vci400. I love to support djtt but paying like 500-600 dollars more than original feels a bit too much.
    its looking like it shouldn't be a problem unless djtt don't release the firmware into the wild, and i cant see them doing that. It just may take a little longer before its out.

Its also just a usb connection to update the firmware which is a Brucie bonus!
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

hmm, thats nice, no soldering and voiding guarantees - I like!

Hope someone of the crew can give us info if you will be able to update the firmware and just put on or change the faceplate easily.

Would be really nice to hear if the firmware update will be available.
    Hope someone will acknowledge this thread and respond when they got an answer to us

You'd have to be a damn fool to go out and buy a S4 when the VCI is only weeks away from availability. Almost the same money and the VCI CLEARLY features more in a smaller footprint.

Tech Convert
    Rancho Palos Verdes, CA & Tucson, AZ (the U of A)

Default Are these bad reasons to sell my S4 and get the VCI 400?

Hey all,

I've had my S4 since last September, and it's been really great for me. There are, however, a couple things that have been bugging me:

• Cue volume sucks (in ear monitors a possibility to help)
    • Browse & effect toggles don't work as well as I'd like (they're hit and miss whether or not they'll work the first time. Browse seems to have the most problems; maybe because I use it so much?)
    • Volume faders seem like they do most of their work in the top 15% of their range

The VCI 400 also looks pretty damn sweet. I just don't know if my head is unfairly picking out these things because I just want the VCI 400. Am I being too picky, or do these justify making the switch? I guess my real question is do you think I will be happy with my decision if I make the switch?

My worries about the VCI 400:
    • I read the pitch faders aren't too accurate (only saw one person say that, but still worries me)
    • Jog wheel issues that could be debated for days (mostly use em for pitch bending anyways)

Anyways, long rant, I just don't wanna make this switch (& additional investment) without some other input.

Thanks,
    Sean

Quote Originally Posted by seanm500 View Post
    • Cue volume sucks (in ear monitors a possibility to help)
    for real? could it be that you are using shitty headphones? cause whenever i use the s4 i´m always stunned about how loud i can cue my tracks. just sayin
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345