DJM 700 or DJM 900 Nexus? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

the 700 destroys audio quality. the soundcard in the 900 is far superior almost AH quality.

Quote Originally Posted by djkidmt View Post
    the 700 destroys audio quality. the soundcard in the 900 is far superior almost AH quality.
    The differences between sound cards is TINY compared to everything else there is to ruin your signal. And there's almost nothing in the realm of DJ gear that actually counts as high end to my ears. Most things seem to be in the same "good enough" ballpark.

Sound quality is not a real concern with any of the not-crap level of modern mixers unless they're broken or you don't know how to run a mixer...just slight differences that most people can't reliably A/B/x blind and wind up a matter of preference anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Weird. The 800 feels like crap to me, though it's legitimately possible I've never touched one that hadn't been abused. The 900 finally feels like a real mixer to me, but I don't think it's worth the cost at all.
    Could be the abusive thing because most 800's i'v played on are nearly new or in mint condition and well looked after.. The 900 does feel far superior compared to the 800. I just think the £400 you are saving buying the 700 compared to the 800 you feel it in quality of components.

Tech Wizard

Default Old/new DJM-900??

I didn't know there was an old DJM-900nexus and a new DJM-900nexus. Can anyone confirm/deny this? If there's a difference, can you just flash the firmware on an old one and have it perform like a new one? What are the differences?

I've been looking at a DJM-800 or an Allen and Heath DB4 because the 900 seems to have troubles. If I can get a 900 without the bugs/problems, I'd seriously consider that.

I'd really like NI to Scratch certify the DB4... Seems like that's the dream mixer minus Scratch certification.

The DB4 is just plain better, even if you have to carry around a sound card. But, well, I don't understand the point of scratch certification on personally owned mixers…you can't count on having it everywhere you play, can you?

Tech Wizard

The DB4 is just plain better, even if you have to carry around a sound card. But, well, I don't understand the point of scratch certification on personally owned mixers…you can't count on having it everywhere you play, can you?
    Right, you can't count on that. It'd just be nice to have an all in one solution. I'm pretty new to all of this. So far, when I go play somewhere (which has been rare), I'm expected to have everything I need with me. I guess I've been playing as a mobile DJ. It'd be nice to bring my mixer out without having to think about hooking up a soundcard. Then just having a soundcard on standby for places that already have a setup for me to hook into.

It seems like certifying the DB4 would benefit NI, Allen & Heath, and the DJ. Plus it would simplify all the ugly cords I have everywhere, and that would ease my OCD. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Bamfs01 View Post
    Right, you can't count on that. It'd just be nice to have an all in one solution. I'm pretty new to all of this. So far, when I go play somewhere (which has been rare), I'm expected to have everything I need with me. I guess I've been playing as a mobile DJ. It'd be nice to bring my mixer out without having to think about hooking up a soundcard. Then just having a soundcard on standby for places that already have a setup for me to hook into.

It seems like certifying the DB4 would benefit NI, Allen & Heath, and the DJ. Plus it would simplify all the ugly cords I have everywhere, and that would ease my OCD. Haha
    If they wanted to solve problems they'd make it both serato and traktor certified... but why make life that easy
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    If they wanted to solve problems they'd make it both serato and traktor certified... but why make life that easy
    Because they wouldn't get a contract with both of them.

And I really don't understand where this hatred of wires comes from. It's not like it's that complicated.

Because they wouldn't get a contract with both of them.

And I really don't understand where this hatred of wires comes from. It's not like it's that complicated.
    We live in a culture of instant gratification and ease of use. It's like saying you don't understand why people would choose to drive standard instead of manual because it's not that complicated.

Tech Mentor

As far as two versions of the mixer. The first wave of mixers where plaques with issues and recalled. Some may still be floating around. yes you can update the flash on the old ones to bring it up to date with the firmware but the issues was the baord not the software frontend.

TINY TIP YOU DIDN"T HEAR IT FROM ME: Any Asio Capable card in the market can be used for Traktor. A simple registry edit to fool the software that it is using listed authorized soundcard and BAM your non certified mixer with a soundcard can now be used as a Traktor soundcard.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast