3rd deck for SL3.. cue points
    Tech Mentor

Default 3rd deck for SL3.. cue points

i was wondering if any ones has used 3 decks with scratch live. .. how would you be able to use the keyboard with the third deck?.. i have dicers for decks one and two but i was wondering if i can use the que, loops etc. for deck #3..
    2 Technics M5Gs - 4 Technics mk2s - Novation Dicers - Rane Sixty-two - Monster Beats By Dre. Pro - KrK Rokit 6s - Avid Mini box - Pro Tools - Pioneer DDJ SX - Novation Twitch

Tech Mentor

Not easily, if at all.

Looking through the tooltips and the paper that came with, there's little or no reference to the third deck. I've simply been using the trackpad to load tracks (use it as a digital crate, and don't use cues or loops or FX).

Still trying to get some feedback on the HC1000. At this point, I think MIDI mapping that is gonna be the go (for me).

Quote Originally Posted by jsa83 View Post
    i was wondering if any ones has used 3 decks with scratch live. .. how would you be able to use the keyboard with the third deck?.. i have dicers for decks one and two but i was wondering if i can use the que, loops etc. for deck #3..
    you would have to map them to the thrid deck - ie. 3rd deck CUE POINT #1 could be small middle button + buton 1 and so on. I havent personally tried it but Im sure it can be done with a little mapping & trial and error.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

I don't have the SL3 but I do have the SL4 and the Sixty Eight,
    if I wanna use keyboard shortcuts for decks 3 & 4 I first have to
    press the tilde key [~] to switch "deck focus".

Basically, keyboard shortcuts for deck 1 then works for deck 3...
    Give it a try, and if you can't get it to work, log a help request at http://serato.com/help/scratchlive