USB/Firewire Mixers w/ Traktor 3
    Tech Wizard

Default USB/Firewire Mixers w/ Traktor 3

Hi guys! i just wanted to know if i could route my players in traktor 3 or LE out to a firewire/usb mixer such as the Mackie D4pro or even maybe a studio mixer with a usb connection.

Im very interested in doing this because sometimes i dont want to bring out my whole rack system to a smaller gig. Hope to hear your guys input. Im using a macbook pro, a vci-100, and right now a maudio firewire soundcard. id like to cut the soundcard if possible and sometimes use a usb/firewire mixer. Hope to hear from you guys, Thanks!

Default Mixers With A Built In Audio Interface

Quote Originally Posted by 408bks View Post
    Hi guys! i just wanted to know if i could route my players in traktor 3 or LE out to a firewire/usb mixer such as the Mackie D4pro or even maybe a studio mixer with a usb connection.

Im very interested in doing this because sometimes i dont want to bring out my whole rack system to a smaller gig. Hope to hear your guys input. Im using a macbook pro, a vci-100, and right now a maudio firewire soundcard. id like to cut the soundcard if possible and sometimes use a usb/firewire mixer. Hope to hear from you guys, Thanks!
    Yes, You Can Assign Traktor's Audio Outputs To Mixers That Have Built In Audio Interface,
    eg Mackie D4Pro, Korg Zero4/8. (As Long As You Have The Correct Audio Drivers Installed)
    This May Be Useful If Where You Are Playing Has One Of These Mixers.

Using Traktor From Your Macbook Pro, You Will Need Some Sort Of External Audio Interface.
    (If You Want To Be Able To Hear Your Cue Track & Sound Decent On A Big PA )
    What You Are Suggesting Actually Sounds Like You Would Be Carrying More Gear To Setup.
    ie Audio Interface & Mixer
    17" MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz C2D | MacOS 10.6.2 (Snow Leopard)
    Traktor 1.2.4 | VCI-100SE v3.4
    Korg Zero8 | NI Audio8 DJ | Akai APC40 | KRK V8 Mk2 | Sony MDR-7506
    Novation Remote SL25MkII | Kore2 | Komplete6 | Virus TI
    Ableton Live8 (Suite) | Logic9 | Reason4 | Audio Hijack Pro

Tech Wizard

for my second system, all id like to carry is my macbook pro, vci-100, my mixer w/usb interface. All id like to do is route my traktor3 using internal mixer mode and using the audio outs of the external mixer.

thanks for confirming that it is possible.