Questions about USB functionality on CDJ 2000's
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Questions about USB functionality on CDJ 2000's

Hey guys,

I'm a Traktor user but can't be bothered to setup my gear for a 1 hour slot this coming Friday. I'm just going to be bringing USB keys instead. I've never used USB keys on CDJ 2000's before so I'm just wondering if there's anything I need to keep in mind when transitioning from the prior DJ. Is it as simple as just inserting my USB key and pressing "USB" on the CDJ and that's that? I may also use the link, can I just press link while on of my tracks is already playing and on which cdj must I press the link button? Anything else????

Dunno about how it particulary works... but I suggest running all your tracks through rekordbox if you want quant capability.
    HP Envy 14 Beats Edition, Traktor Pro 2, NI Kontrol S4, NI Kontrol X1, NI Kontrol F1, AIAIA TMA-1

Quote Originally Posted by The Pancaker View Post
    Dunno about how it particulary works... but I suggest running all your tracks through rekordbox if you want quant capability.
    i don't need quant capability. it's a short set.

Quote Originally Posted by kevz718 View Post
    If u hope to make use of quantize features, ull need ur tracks to be analyzed by rekordbox before u show up. Since rekordbox is free, id highly suggest doing this.

Either way, whether u do or do not analyze them - its as simple as u state. Plug it into cdj, press usb button and browse to ur track. Just bear in mind that
    Quantize wont work without rekordbox analyze.

One piece of advice.. Dont put too many tracks on the usb. I find its not the easiest thing to browse a huge library on usb using cdj screen/knob so ull be better off having a manageable amount of tracks so u can find stuff easily. Id suggestusing rekordbox and building a playlist of 100 tracks and exporting those to e usb drive u take wit u.
    ok perfect. thank you. do i need to press link on the cdj that has the usb, or the one that doesn't have the usb? and is it an issue pressing link while a track is already playing?

also, how can i even use quant capabilities on cdj 2000's if i use recordbox? how does that even work?

edit: upon further review, quant may be a good idea. how do i get quant to work on the cdj? what button must i push to engage the quant feature?

ok thanks. well i want to use the link so that i only need to bring 1 usb key and just link the tracks over to the other cdj.

how to i ensure quantize is enabled? i saw that i can do it through the utility menu by turning quantize on, but do i need to enable anything through the info menu as well? i read somewhere that i need to ensure quant is enabled in both utility and info menus.

Also I would bring two USB sticks just in case they don't have them linked via ethernet which I have seen. That and or an ethernet cable.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 01-11-2012 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Also I would bring two USB sticks just in case they done have them linked via ethernet which I have seen. That and or an ethernet cable.
    good tip. thanks.

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

Also make sure your USB sticks are formatted as FAT, FAT32 or HFS+.
    One of them should be default but I always used to format my USB-sticks with NTFS since a single file on FAT32 can't be bigger than 4 gigs.

I'll post some pics when I'm at home at what you need to press to link them up. Trying it out before the show would be the best for you though.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

Quote Originally Posted by HedgeHog View Post
    Also make sure your USB sticks are formatted as FAT, FAT32 or HFS+.
    One of them should be default but I always used to format my USB-sticks with NTFS since a single file on FAT32 can't be bigger than 4 gigs.

I'll post some pics when I'm at home at what you need to press to link them up. Trying it out before the show would be the best for you though.
    cool i'll check that when i get home.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by kevz718 View Post
    I dont believe there are any menu options n the cdj or mixer but i could b wrong.. Check out a few youtube tutorials - theyll walk u thru the process and ull feel more comfortable doing it if uv seen it in motion.
    you need to make sure quantise is enabled on the cdjs (it usually is by default but better check just in case). there's a menu button just by the top right of the big screen....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast