Just a vent.

Thread: Just a vent.

Tech Guru

Default Just a vent.

Ok, so today has been a rollercoaster of up and downs.

Over xmas break I was told that a friend of my gf's could get me monitor stands for my desktop, possibly 3 since I was trying to go for nvidia surround for a while, google it if you don't know what it is.

Anyways, my desk was too small to have 3 monitors on it with stands. So it turns out this friend has a dad that works at a very well known monitor stand/ergonomic chair/ergonomic desk factory.

So about 2 weeks later my gf tells me that the monitor stands are here, now normally i wouldn't be pumped but these things are NICE, like $200 a piece atleast and I got one dual stand and one single.

So tonight I have to assemble them because it is all defective parts i.e. scratches (who cares). So i get one stand assembled because I am missing some small parts for the other one.

I attach it to my monitor and set it up before turning on my desktop, it looks f'ing sweet, full range of motion everything, I am so pumped at this point.

I turn on my computer, come back into my room and my main monitor is now f'ed....green lines everywhere, pretty much unusable.

SO I got some amazing freebies but killed a $300 dollar monitor in the process, talk about the ultimate buzzkill.

Anyways, I'm over it now and just looking into new monitors. Any similar stories like this?

Speakers to close to monitor? I don't see how it got fucked.

Tech Guru

ok so apparently it had something to do with my video card....switched ports since I am running SLI and im all good now, got both my computer monitors hooked up and off the desk, made some space for my maschine and can probably stand up and dj at my computer now cuz of the tilt on the monitor stands.