Maya 44 USB setup for cueing
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Maya 44 USB setup for cueing

Hi there,

I just got the Maya 44 USB sound card for use with the X-Session Pro and Traktor/Torq.

I'm not exactly sure which way to set up the leads so I can cue tracks on my headphones

Any suggestions?

Tech Wizard

In Traktor: Set up channels 0 & 1 for headphone cueing, I think it is called output monitor.
    On the Maya 44 leave channels 1 & 2 un-used.
    Plug your Headphones in the headphone plug at the end of the soundcard.

Set up channels 2&3 for normal output in Traktor
    plug your speakers in 3&4 in the soundcard

Tech Wizard

Thanks calthamon, this forum has been a huge help for me with these sound cards.

I'm making some progress with it now and have the sound split between master and headphone output. But some quick questions:

1) On the headphones, the track I'm not queuing up can still be heard a little in the background. How can I get rid of this and only hear the track I'm cueuing up?

2) The master volume is a lot lower now compared to when I was just using the built in sound card. All the volumes and mains are up...so do I need to adjust some setting on the the Maya 44 in order to have it at full whack? I don't have the right RCA leads at the moment, so I'm using one with 3 I/O when I should be using one with 2 I/O. Could this be whats affecting the master volume?

Thanks a lot for all the help, I really appreciate it

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by eiretech View Post
    1) On the headphones, the track I'm not queuing up can still be heard a little in the background. How can I get rid of this and only hear the track I'm cueuing up?
    I can only help you on this question, dunno about the other one.
    There's a knob in Traktor (which version do you use) to adjust the level of cue/monitor percentage, or whatever you call it.
    It should be next to the Master Vol knobs on the main interface in traktor, at least it is in Traktor Pro. If you turn the knob all the way to the left, you only hear the cued song and if you turn the button more and more to the right, the monitor volume will increase. If it is turned all the way to the right, you do not hear anything of the cued song.
    Just search for it on the Traktor interface. And I have my X-Session set up the way, to adjust the level with a knob on there.

I had the same problem using traktor with the Maya, I could not get just the channel I wanted to monitor. I ended up changing it for the Gigaport, it has a separate out 1/2, which solves the problem.

Tech Wizard

Cheers lads,

Seem to be having the same problem as you Ron Burgandy - even when I adjust the controls like calthamon said, I'm still hearing the non-queued track on the headphones. Can still try to mix like this though, so its not a huge problem.

Does anyone have any ideas about the master volume being so low? Thanks for the help as always.

Hombre

are you Mac or PC? There is a little bit of software which comes with the maya which you should install (Maya44 Control Panel) for some odd reason has additional volume controls within it. this will sort the problem out!

RB

Yo guys I have the Maya myself and have overcome this problem.
    Thing is whatever way it was designed the master output HAS to come out the headphone channel, even if you assign the master and headphone monitor to seperate channels in Traktor. To solve this you need to get one of these :

and connect it to Analog out 3+4 on the Maya. From there, assign output monitor to channel 3+4 in Traktor and master out to channel 1+2. This gives you two seperate channels for ceuing and the master track being played.

Oh and if you can't find one of those ^^ simply get an rca to male cable and buy a female to female adaptor like the one below and plug into that.

Hope this helps.

a very good way around the problem! Good work. I never went down that root luckily I could exchange mine for the HD one.

Tech Wizard

Thanks a lot guys.

Ron, I'm using a Windows laptop. Is this the interface you mentioned? (see attached). I installed it and the output is much louder now. There is also a more detailed USB interface shown on the user manual, but I'm not sure where to find that one to install it.

JAC, cheers for your very helpful advice too. Im going to get the leads now and will try your setup later today.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast