Kontrol s4 Ableton - easy midi mapping? Help please
    Tech Convert

Default Kontrol s4 Ableton - easy midi mapping? Help please

Hi i'm using a macbook pro with ableton live 8 and i have an ipad(with touchable) and a KorgNano key both are working.

i dont do a lot of production but i would like to change that. i have been using the Kontrol s4 with traktor for mixing live and will continue to do so but here comes the question... i have seen how easy it is to map controllers in ableton and in midi mode the ableton can see the kontrol s4 but i can't map any of it. i don't want to sit down and write a userconfigureation.txt as that won't suit my needs at all and is time consuming. i assume it can be done but i can't seem to find any posts anywhere about it on this site and others - has anyone successfully done this?

here is a screen grab of what i have so far

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/4...20112at234.png

Sorry for digging this tread up but is seems a litle bit useles to open a new one to me, I have exacly the same question
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

I mapped the S4 with no problem. Is it not responding when you try to map it to different commands?
    ------------------
    DJ Twisted Panda
    http://twistedpanda.com @jeremysexton
    Gear: Kontrol S4, Kontrol F1, MidiFighter, iPad running Lemur

Tech Convert

That's exactly it. Nothing happens. But ableton can see the kontrol s4. It's also in midi mode. It's bizarre - normally the Internet knows everything.

Tech Wizard

Even if you are on midi mode on the kontrol s4 , the messages it sends is not midi . (in my case it wasn't) . What you have to do is download the native instruments controller manager and for everysingle control you change it to a note rather than a CC .

I don't have the KS4 anymore , so i won't be able to help further. Best of luck

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by moss2626 View Post
    Even if you are on midi mode on the kontrol s4 , the messages it sends is not midi . (in my case it wasn't) . What you have to do is download the native instruments controller manager and for everysingle control you change it to a note rather than a CC .

I don't have the KS4 anymore , so i won't be able to help further. Best of luck
    Thanks I'll give that a go

I already have mapped the faders by wiriting my own user remote script but it's a hell of a job.

first you have to find out witch notes are being sent by the s4 and then you need to put those in the file. And there are stuf i can't even find in that file?

Edit:
    When i move a fader or press a button a little square lights up in the top right corner of ableton
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI