Ridiculous Request
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ridiculous Request

Umm…I'm debating between TS and buying SSL for the 3rd time.

I have a request for something I can't seem to find information on with google.

Can someone please screen-cap the 2-deck views available in SSL? The last time I used SSL, there weren't any options.

Also…here's the weird one. Can someone make a video of using Vinyl Scroll with the cover-art browser instead of the normal list view? It's easy to do on OS X (start quicktime player and hit ctrl-cmd-n) and doesn't need to be that long…I just want to see how it works and can't find it online.

Tech Wizard

Library view

Classic Vertical

Classic Horizontal

Two deck stacked - collapsed

Two deck stacked - expanded

Video of vinyl scroll with album art... http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16521858/vinylscrollart.mov . Note you can adjust the scroll speed faster or slower to your liking, this was at about 3/4 fast. Also, seems you indirectly found a bug! As you will see in the the video, in the grid album art modes, it's not going through songs left/right, seems to go only up/down in the column. Should go left/right through the songs. Will report this bug.
    Last edited by Konix; 01-13-2012 at 12:59 AM.

Tech Wizard

^Nice. Didn't know we can do that with SSl, should play with the settings more.

Konix, you're awesome. Thanks. That was what I needed to see. If I meet you in person, I'll buy you a beer.

In case anyone's wondering, my opinion is that SSL's UI wins. I still haven't completely decided yet, but I'm leaning towards SSL for the 3rd time.

Do you know when the last time vinyl scroll worked properly was? And is that the current version?

Tech Wizard

Yes, this is all in the current 2.3.3 version. To be honest, I can't tell you the last version vinyl scrolling in grid album art worked correctly, as I only have an SL2/SL4 and 68. Those devices only work with 2.2.2 and higher. So I can't test anything lower than 2.2.2. But it's been broken since at least 2.2.2. I've already reported the bug, so hopefully it will be fixed in the next version.

Also note, these were all taken on a 13" Macbook Pro (1280x800). If you have a bigger screen/higher resolution, some things will look different (bigger, smaller, wider, etc.).

Honestly Mostapha, the GUI on Serato is what sold me as well. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate Traktor and all of what it can do. But if you're going to be doing 2 turntables and an external mixer, I just like the way Serato operates.

I've also had a chance to mess with The Bridge. And it just fucking works. And that is amazing in and of itself. It really makes me want to get an APC 40 to add that control into my setup. But then I'd want an SL3 or SL4 so I could run The Bridge on the 3rd or 4th deck (it takes up one of the deck slots).

But really, the GUI is smooth.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Mentor

Indeed. Still prefer Serato's GUI then the one of Traktor and by a mile.

I'm also interested in how ATC behaves when Maschine is hosted in Live. Syncing it to traktor won't work for what I want to do, since it basically requires beat grids. I'm sold on ATC working perfectly, but I'm not sure how maschine follows live's transport (I know it follows tempo).

One more question:

Does SSL still have the needle drop to cue point feature based on the minute markers on the vinyl or did they drop that?

Does TSP have anything that compares?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bassline Brine View Post
    Honestly Mostapha, the GUI on Serato is what sold me as well. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate Traktor and all of what it can do. But if you're going to be doing 2 turntables and an external mixer, I just like the way Serato operates.

I've also had a chance to mess with The Bridge. And it just fucking works. And that is amazing in and of itself. It really makes me want to get an APC 40 to add that control into my setup. But then I'd want an SL3 or SL4 so I could run The Bridge on the 3rd or 4th deck (it takes up one of the deck slots).

But really, the GUI is smooth.
    If you have a spare soundcard you can use any to route sound out from Ableton. I haven't tried it yet, but I have an SL2 and am thinking about using my Audio 2 to try it.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast